270° drop off a wall help

niconj

You could practice the double 180 on the flat. Turn in, push hips beside the stem, turn with hips and knees, keep weight there until landing, then push hips back, twist starting from the head. In the second 180, when you lift the front wheel, try to straighten up mid-move like when you are doing a pedal-up, but keep your head and body twisted, looking at your landing already.

Edited by stirlingpowers

Trashzen to the rescue. These two combined, using the momentum of the first to make the second one a bit easier:

http://www.trashzen.com/biketrial-180-turn.php

http://www.trashzen.com/biketrial-180-turn-2.php

They are hopping a bit for the 180 sometimes, but as seen in the 360 in one turn, it can be done without lifting both wheels.

For the 90-180-90=360 for most riders, there was a nice vid of Kenny B where he did it on the flat when he had this 24 street trials bike. I can't find it. But many BMX tutorials show it as a 90-210 or 230. It needs some practice to do more than 270 completely in the air starting from flat ground...

Edited by stirlingpowers
  • Like 1

I personally found it rather useful to sort of push of the wall with the front wheel when you're jumping off. A bit like when you're doing front hops, but you want to land on the rear wheel after that. Gives you this extra bit of momentum for the rotation. Does this make any sense? I am rubbish at explaining things

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bottleneck said:

I personally found it rather useful to sort of push of the wall with the front wheel when you're jumping off. A bit like when you're doing front hops, but you want to land on the rear wheel after that. Gives you this extra bit of momentum for the rotation. Does this make any sense? I am rubbish at explaining things

I get what you mean and even though it doesn't show in the video, this is what I tried to do. :)