Rise question for handlebars

SaFteiNZz

Hi there, my handlebars are kaput and I'm thinking in getting new ones

I'm pretty happy with the ones that I have and i was about to get exactly the same but I see top riders using higher rise bars 110mm+ so I was thinking in getting the exact model I got but with 110mm instead of the 90mm that my current handlebars have.

How exactly affects rise the handlebar? I guess you get more leverage but do you exchange anything for it? Is there any way to test what would be the best rise for me without blind buying?

btw, currently have jitsie 7075 (90mm) and thinking in getting the jitsie 7075 (110mm), if you have better options im up for any ideas you may have too.

also I'm 1.74m tall

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Edited by SaFteiNZz

Switching from 90 mm rise to 110 mm rise will definitely affect your riding, but how exactly - it really depends on the angle of your bar (do you set it vertically or roll forward?), and on your riding style. 

But I highly recommend to try 110 mm rise. If you like newschool front wheel moves - you will love it. Worst case scenario - you'll sell the handlebar.