Inspired Arcade

grant wildman

Ever since I first saw the Arcade I knew I wanted to get my hands on one. Having ridden 24 for a long time and primarily on older steel frames, I recently acquired this frame from the for sale section on here. Many thanks Ben. 

Compared to my beloved Leeson 609 it makes riding that bit easier and being 35 years old, I need all the help I can get! 

I’ll look at getting the frame painted at some point, but for now its up and running. 

King hubs, Hope E4 brakes, Arcade Bars and forks, RS7 with cloud 9 bash, Shimano XT large pedals. 

Maybe looking to upgrade to some wider rims, recommendation’s welcome :smile:

Thanks for looking 

7FA70FD8-68BE-4149-8D11-A343600C004A.jpeg

7A17EA4A-CD4F-4D09-B261-12EBEECF347B.jpeg

Edited by grant wildman
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, PLIW said:

Very nice. So what the difference between this and the Leeson? I like it in the finish it is. 

Cheers Pete.

Updated Geo is the big difference. I ran an arcade fork on my Leeson, but the head angle feels steeper on the Arcade and it is less effort on the back wheel. Doesn’t feel like you are fighting it as much. 

Having a non proprietary BB is the most welcome addition with a BSA threaded shell. The Leeson BB design is tidy, but having to send it back to Clive for a replacement wasn’t very desirable. 

The black chrome paint job is nice, but well used now. Looks to be silver chrome beneath, so may see if i can strip it back to that. 

On 2/24/2022 at 10:11 AM, grant wildman said:

Cheers Pete.

Updated Geo is the big difference. I ran an arcade fork on my Leeson, but the head angle feels steeper on the Arcade and it is less effort on the back wheel. Doesn’t feel like you are fighting it as much. 

Having a non proprietary BB is the most welcome addition with a BSA threaded shell. The Leeson BB design is tidy, but having to send it back to Clive for a replacement wasn’t very desirable. 

The black chrome paint job is nice, but well used now. Looks to be silver chrome beneath, so may see if i can strip it back to that. 

Ah yeah that makes sense with the fork and the geo.

I replaced a few of the BB’s. It was lock tight, circlip and interference fit. I can’t recall if you had to pay him or not. 

48 minutes ago, PLIW said:

Ah yeah that makes sense with the fork and the geo.

I replaced a few of the BB’s. It was lock tight, circlip and interference fit. I can’t recall if you had to pay him or not. 

To be fair I did replace one for someone some years ago and used retaining compound, so its do’able but more effort than I could be bothered with. Its hung on the wall now. 

Had a first ride on it last night and felt at home on it. Very happy with my acquisition! 

• Like 1