ID this frame?

nortonh

Can anyone ID this frame? Have photos of similar builds? Trying to figure out how it could/should be set up. There’s two sets of cable bosses under the TT so I’m wondering if anyone has built one with gears? Never had a trials bike, got this from a friend with no details on its history. I have a SS mtb I could use for parts to get it rolling.

D228B7CA-348F-4964-9F70-0E62F0C0DD24.jpeg

C3E729F6-E55D-48FD-86FF-B62E38F47E04.jpeg

54A55012-15C2-4D50-8DCB-AC593C759174.jpeg

0BDD7D05-E343-4AA6-9598-B6969670E3E8.jpeg

02A57047-052D-45AC-9DBF-B59C36512275.jpeg

It must be a pretty old one - Speedrace switched to more 'modern' (horizontal dropouts, different headtubes, generally seatless, fancier tubing) frames in 2010-2011 or so from memory. It means being able to ID it will probably be tricky.

That said, it looks like you could do whatever you want with it really! The guides under the right side seatstay and the hanger mean you could run gears if you wanted, but you could just as easily set it up single speed. If you're just looking to do trials then SS would be the way to go as it's lighter, simpler, you can put a heavier duty chain on and have a shorter, better tensioned chain.

For longevity I would probably go for a V-Brake on the rear. If you go for a disc brake, it'd be best to use a relatively small rotor. They appear to just be catalogue dropouts with a relatively small brace, so if you put a 200mm or something of that size on there, if used for trials moves it'll probably snap the frame pretty quickly.