maxxis ikon 2.35 on inspired hex

signo97

Hi i have an inspired hex 2019 version i think, the metal shiny black color. I’m actually running maxxis ikon 2.2 tan wall with inserts and i love this tyres. I also have a pair of maxxis ikon 2.35 for ride in more trial style but this tyre pass really close to the frame in my opinion. I saw some riders use this setup on the hex without problems like George Thomson or Yohan Triboulat on the last series hex model. Maybe this last hex model has a larger Yoke? thanks

it pass really close and if the rim it’s not perfectly center the tyre rub on the frame. How you can keep your rim always perfectly straight? it’s impossible maybe with a better quality wheelset with spank rims? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

i will try again next week to put the ikon 2.35, i ask to inspired and they told me that the hex 2019 and the last hex both have the same yoke so if someone run that setup maybe with a decent rim it’s possible.

Good luck. Again, I run the same 2019 Hex with the same wheels as Ali, you won't find much stiffer rims than those. There's a few mm clearance with the 2.35 Ikon, and it often rubs, you should see my frame. So sure, it's usable, but it isn't pretty. Hence I didn't get another 2.35 after it died.

• Thanks 1