Which courier company to europe

DYAKOV

So after brexit I’ve only received bikes and parts from Europe, never sent one.

I’ve got a 20” bike packages up

parcel dims: 100cm x 40cm x 50cm @ 10-12kg

that I want to ship to France.

Can anyone recommend a courier company which won’t cost an arm and a leg to ship?

Thanks,

Nas

Usually you can just go to somewhere like www.interparcel.com and see what prices are like. Most of the 'big' couriers will be all good (e.g. FedEx, DHL, UPS, DPD/Chronopost). In terms of shipping it it won't be much different to how it was before - you don't have to do anything else. You'll have to fill in a customs form before you ship the bike but AFAIK that's about it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Usually you can just go to somewhere like www.interparcel.com and see what prices are like. Most of the 'big' couriers will be all good (e.g. FedEx, DHL, UPS, DPD/Chronopost). In terms of shipping it it won't be much different to how it was before - you don't have to do anything else. You'll have to fill in a customs form before you ship the bike but AFAIK that's about it.

Thanks Mark! I did go on the dpd website but I can’t seem to find my way around it. To start with, they have the dpd official website and a dpd local as well, not sure where to look. Somehow I got to a page where I saw different options e.g. economy, air class etc varying around £20 but the max size allowed was 60x60x60. Then I managed to find an option which was up to 135cm in length and up to 30kg which was great but once I selected that a pop up came up saying that this service isn’t available. I’m very confused with the dpd interface.

I will have a look at the other couriers you’ve mentioned above.

Parcelforce are giving me quotes of £200 and over….

Cheers,

Nas

If you use Interparcel, they act as a broker - it's basically a price comparison site so you can just search there and they'll show the different prices and shipping speeds.

I just had a check and it looks like the only one available is (ironically) DPD - it's £71.35 for their 'Classic' service which is a 2-5working day service. From my experience their tracking is better than Parcel Force, and they use their own couriers within France as well (again, as far as I know) so it's all in-house whereas Parcel Force will tend to use different companies in different countries.