Chinese carbon crankset to my inspired flow bike

Bakeiro

Hello everyone!

I was looking on the internet and by chance I just saw on aliexpress one can buy bike components, then I started to see what I find, and as I currently have an inspired that weighs 11.3Kg I'm looking for anywhere to lose weight, and I have found this
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005005928863215.html

so the first question that comes to my mind is, am I a genius or is there a trick to it?

second question, how do I know if it is compatible with my inspired flow? they (inspired) don't say what kind of crankset it has so it makes it hard to tell (although supposedly the hope crankset is compatible with inspired).

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/cranks_pair/hope_evo_crankset_no_spider_6873mm/c514p13016.html

Any help is welcome :)  (also, if someone can tell me of other cranksets that are compatible and worth trying I would appreciate) thanks!!

Carbon road cranks for a trials bike? I love a sketchy, inappropriately used Chinese bike part, but that's too far IMO.

Maybe the money would be better spent elsewhere. Rotating weight perhaps? What is the rest of your spec now?

You will save the most weight on the wheels. Change rims for Inspired Team or Spank Race 33 with double butted spokes. This will give you -790g.

Tubolito -200g.

Truvativ Descendant/Sram GX DUB Cranks -500g. Easy to buy second hand.

@Szymon

thanks for that info! I didn't know the existence of the Spank Race rims... also I wasn't aware that I could just changing the rim for lighting the bike (I just thinking about buying a whole wheel)

thing is, my rim is about 639g, and Spank Spike Race is about 430g, so, not sure where that -790g came from? 😅 anyway it's good info!!

tubolito thing I knew about that, gonna give it a try!

about the truvativ/Sram GX cranksets I didn't know, I will try to buy them second hand, thanks for the info!!

My Inspired PRO rim weight 692g

Inspired Team V2 rim 421g

OEM spokes (64pcs) 386g

Sapim race spokes (64pcs) 332g

OEM nipples 62g

Sapim Polyax Double Square nipples 26g

Rubber rim tape 34g

Jitsie rim tape 11g

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 10:44 AM, Bakeiro said:

Hello everyone!

I was looking on the internet and by chance I just saw on aliexpress one can buy bike components, then I started to see what I find, and as I currently have an inspired that weighs 11.3Kg I'm looking for anywhere to lose weight, and I have found this
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005005928863215.html

so the first question that comes to my mind is, am I a genius or is there a trick to it?

second question, how do I know if it is compatible with my inspired flow? they (inspired) don't say what kind of crankset it has so it makes it hard to tell (although supposedly the hope crankset is compatible with inspired).

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/cranks_pair/hope_evo_crankset_no_spider_6873mm/c514p13016.html

Any help is welcome :)  (also, if someone can tell me of other cranksets that are compatible and worth trying I would appreciate) thanks!!

Cranks: Look through your local classifieds/FB Marketplace for used Sram/Truvative DUB cranks. There should be some MTBers selling them usually. 

Tube: This one you CAN go to Aliexpress from. Aliexpress "Ridenow" TPU tubes are excellent and lighter and cheaper than Tubolito tubes. 

Rims: If you could stretch your budget a little more, Carbon rims from Light Bicycle would be the best. They are light, strong, and tubeless compatible to be run with an insert in the back. 

If you are doing another wheel build, use alloy nipples and bladed spokes for extra weight savings.