Bought wrong crankset for my inspired bike

Bakeiro

Hi there!

I wanted to lighten my bike so I bought this crankset: https://www.trial-bikes.com/kit-de-bielas-truvativ-descendant-7k-dub-p-538874.html

I thought it was compatible with my bike but it turns out that it is compatible with the inspired Fourplay and Hex, but not with the Flow model :(

so this makes me think... any crankset for the inspired flow that is worth it?
or maybe it makes sense to change the bottom crankset to make it compatible with the cranks I bought (like the hex and fourplay bikes, I listen to you!)

Regards and thanks!

18 hours ago, Bakeiro said:

Hi there!

I wanted to lighten my bike so I bought this crankset: https://www.trial-bikes.com/kit-de-bielas-truvativ-descendant-7k-dub-p-538874.html

I thought it was compatible with my bike but it turns out that it is compatible with the inspired Fourplay and Hex, but not with the Flow model :(

so this makes me think... any crankset for the inspired flow that is worth it?
or maybe it makes sense to change the bottom crankset to make it compatible with the cranks I bought (like the hex and fourplay bikes, I listen to you!)

Regards and thanks!

It's compatible with almost any bike in the world. I don't know where you read that it doesn't fit Flow?

Posted (edited)

like, apparently the inspired flow uses a shimano bottom crankset (hollow tech) and the truvaliv crankset uses a DUB BB (or something like that I get a bit lost here) so I should replace the bottom crankset before installing that crankset

I was told this in a workshop near my apartment, and they told me something like "trust me, I've been in the bikes world for 20 years and this crankset isn't compatible", so not sure if he is right, or was something like "trust me bro this doesn't fit" but he is wrong xdd

Edited by Bakeiro
wording

But I think it's true that the truvaliv crankset isn't compatible, because when I look at the page of the inspired flow crankset says that uses the 'Shimano style' (image attached)

also when I look at the truvaliv crankset says that is compatible with inspired hex and fourplay, but doesn't mention inspired flow

image-prod.png.258bfaf2ba6430bcce56252081717a47.png

Dude, you're getting things mixed up. You have a crank (the thing with the big axle and arms where you attach the chainring and pedals to) and a bottom bracket (the cups with bearings that go into the frame).

Shimano cranks use a 24 mm axle, DUB a 28.99 mm one, so the bottom brackets are different. So just replace the Shimano bottom bracket on your bike with the DUB bottom bracket that came with the crank (at least the one in your link came with a bottom bracket) and you're good to go.

Dub is the axle standard.

The axle has a diameter of 28.99 as pointed out by Daan.

But they are several bottom bracket shells: BSA, pf30, etc.

For your inspired you need a dub BSA bottom bracket.