Hope

Mr Dave

hey, I had my hope bulb for just over a year and apon taking close inspection after buying a ck, it appeared half my axel fell out B) :ermm:

so just wondering will hope do anything bout this minor problem :)

thanks for any help

dave

hows that then :ermm:

Send it off to hope, within like errmm 10 days it will be back :)

Buy an axle off crc, arrives next day, you hav already disassebmled your hub and got old axle out if your clever, put in with 5 mins and your done. No postage costs either and no 10 day wait.

[buy an axle off crc, arrives next day, you hav already disassebmled your hub and got old axle out if your clever, put in with 5 mins and your done.  No postage costs either and no 10 day wait.

5 mins?

Have you ever tried smashing a hope axle in? Because theres nothing to bolt it in, its pretty damn tight. Getting the bearing on is a bitch too.

Although, if you wanna save money on postage, just send the axle, not the whole wheel.

• 1 year later...

hows that then :blink:

Send it off to hope, within like errmm 10 days it will be back :)

Buy an axle off crc, arrives next day, you hav already disassebmled your hub and got old axle out if your clever,

Ok i'm not clever (N):P , and didn't want to open a whole new topic for one question, so how do i take the axle out, i've snapped it, managed to get the drive side out but am having real difficulty with getting the other side out, any ideas on how to do it?

Cheers Rob

If all you have is the axle in the hub body left... support the hub by the flange(where the spokes go through) and take the other half of the axle and place it where it snapped and give it a tap with a rubber mallet (of something simm) and the other side will fall out.. the support the bearing and tap the axle out of the bearing.. if any probs sent it to hope or go to a good bike shop..