Biu Against Uci

Badboy

I heard a little rumour today that anyone from the UK who attends the 2004 UCI World Championships in Les Gets, France will be refused a licence for all BIU competitions in 2005.

The comp is on the same weekend as the last round of the British championships at Hook Woods.

So the UK Elite and Master classes will be thrown open again, as Koxx UK riders Ben Savage AND James Hyland wont be able to compete. Those also affected will be Rick Eyre, Ben Slinger, Rob Poyser, myself and John Evans.

By the way this rumour has come straight from Biketrial UK themselves.

If that turns out to be correct and Brian Matthews does in fact try and carry out that threat, I for one will be very sadened and upset. Not only for the GB squad who will attend Les Get but for the state of trials in the UK and the awful polotics that run it.

I have not cancelled an entry, I have made personal choice to attend the event to experience first hand a different type of World Championships and secondly to support some of my friend who have the chance of winning a world title and a nice white T shirt.

I have alot more to say on this topic but not enough time at the minute.

What do TF users think. Is this a fair way to treat the above riders?

I think not

More to follow

That is just petty. If the BUI feel so threatened by UCI to ban other riders, well shame on them, this sport is fairly hard to get into, and is one of the smallest areas of cycling, if they want to make a definate divide between riders, then go ahead.

I bet UCI couldnt give two shits if people are riding BUI could they?

Brian Matthews, if you feel the need to do this, you need to move to another sport.

:lol: What the hell is this? They might aswell just say to the top brit riders who dominate the sport just leave, it s like syain there not gonna be riding for britian. Was brain mathewss trippin when he made this desicon?

So if any british rider gos to the u.c.i comp in france u are automatically kicked out of the britsh championships.

Some people will have sum big desicions to make then want they .Lee

heard something about this rumor at the YMSA trial, I believe he was gonna do it because he has had so few entrys for the final national. This is likely to be due to the fact he hadn't given the entry forms out

Yerh true danny,i just got my entry form threw the post yesterday.Lee

That is a poor excuse too, even though im for BIU instead of UCI i think that is very stupid of Mr. B Matthews, and also very childish. But dont get me wrong, even though i prefer BIU to UCI, i think that UCI involves an awful lot of skill. I like a bit of a change though sometimes, so i set myself a UCI course out every so often on my local rocks. UCI is also good practise.

Joe

Edited by joe b

Seems like Mr Brian Matthews should buy a Koxx, take off his bashguard, learn front hook, and jump on the bandwagon. Or stop being such a petty arseholeand let people do what they want.

The whole comp scene seems very intimidating to me, and shit like this really doesn't help.

im not to happy about this to be honest. even though this doesnt affect me this year, due to me being just turned 15 id be a cadet which means my uci champs will be in august. but next year i plan to do the uci worlds. even though this is extremely childish of brian matthews im sure the riders that will be dissollowed(sp) a liscence next year wont really care because they all think biu trials is shite (including me)

looks like its not true then - why are people always trying to stir this thing up - whats it all about. biketrial say below nothin doin.

Having read the recent post by "Badboy" I was amazed and distressed at the content.

The dates of the British Championship were announced back in January. We then changed the date of the first round to accommodate those riders who wished to attend the Bike Show, and changed the date of the second event to accommodate some riders to attend another event abroad. It was only during this last week that it came to our attention that the UCI event is on the same weekend as the last round of the British Championship. It is too late now to change the date of that event, the venue (the most expensive in the UK) has been booked and has to be paid for for that weekend whether the event takes place or not. The first aid and other facilities have been booked and have to be paid for. This takes a lot of work, time, effort, and money.

Hearing at such a late date that around ten of the top UK riders may have other commitments, and therefore may not be able to attend the event and the Championship trophy presentation, is extremely disappointing.

However, as Chairman of BikeTrial UK, nothing is agreed without my knowledge. We regularly hold telephone conferences about urgent issues that can't wait until the next meeting, and I can assure you all that there has been no discussion about witholding licences, and certainly no such agreement.

I have now been in touch with Brian Matthews about this post who assures me that his comment of "I feel like ..." was in a personal conversation with another committee member, expressing his personal disappointment at the situation. Brian stated to me that he has "no control over such a decision, it would have to go to the committee".

We work hard as committee members to organise the sport for the riders, all our work is voluntary. It is extremely sad that we can't have personal conversations with colleagues without our thoughts and feelings about disappointing situations being repeated and exposed in an internet forum as if they were fact, leaving us, as individuals, exposed to the negative comments that this issue has aroused.

Please be assured, as a committee we endeavour to act in the best interest of the sport and the riders.