Tyke Trial

grantham

Aust told me what went on and its a real shame that a few people spoil it for the rest of us. Hopefully they can sort it out.

Also like you baz I hope that isn't the last we've seen of Carol she has done so much for the sport.

Grantham, have you had a call from the "new" Chairman of the biketrial committe yet, asking you to shut up about all this? because I have!

Which I thought was strange as without someone telling him that I posted on here, he wouldnt have known!

So far no-one from the committe has come on here to clear this matter up, an tell us what really happened. I think that as members of clubs we all have a right to know what the future holds for our sport.

I know that this isnt the last of Carol Slinger, she will be back very soon.

I fail to understand why a challenge to respond has been given to BikeTrial UK when this topic is about TykeTrial?

I was at the AGM of both and neither dealt with issues relating to the other. If you wish to know what happened, I am sure that the secretaries of both committees would be happy to send minutes of the meetings to you.

Or better still, and more supportive of "the sport we all love", both were open meetings that you could have attended.

I fail to understand why a challenge to respond has been given to BikeTrial UK when this topic is about TykeTrial?

I was at the AGM of both and neither dealt with issues relating to the other.  If you wish to know what happened, I am sure that the secretaries of both committees would be happy to send minutes of the meetings to you.

Or better still, and more supportive of "the sport we all love", both were open meetings that you could have attended.

I asked Biktrial UK to reply as it was my understanding that what happened at the AGM has created the problem that this thread is asking about. Due to something happening at the biketrial committe meeting the people that run Tykes are now not involved anymore. A knock down effect i think they call it.

And if both are open meetings, how come the majority of people dont know when they are or what happens in them?

And if both are open meetings, how come the majority of people dont know when they are or what happens in them?

The date of the BikeTrial UK AGM was agreed at a meeting on 17th October 2004 and was posted on www.biketrialuk.co.uk "Calendar" within a couple of days of that meeting, with an invitation for people to attend placed on the "Committee" page.

According to that website's statistics, from mid-October till the date of the meeting, 8,315 visits had been made to that site. I would expect from that that most people were aware of the AGM!

Due to something happening at the biketrial committe meeting the people that run Tykes are now not involved anymore. A knock down effect i think they call it.

15 people were in the meeting (all well-known and respected trials organisers from around the UK), a democratic, secret paper ballot was taken on a proposal, which gave a clear result. Four people (two families) didn't like the result, and left the meeting.

Again, with regards to TykeTrial possibly closing down, this has been on the cards for long before the BikeTrial AGM took place (on 9th January). I received an email from Carol on 4th October suggesting that the club may need to close due to lack of helpers.

The two issues are not related.

This by the way is not an "official" BikeTrial UK response, it is a personal reply from someone who is getting fed-up of the trouble-making that seems to be going on here.

For goodness sake, the members of BikeTrial Uk are all volunteers, and for us it's great to have helped the sport to grow to the extent it has over the past seven years that I've been involved in helping. New clubs and organisers are setting up, and the standards of riding have improved dramatically, to the point where in 2004 we had several world champions, and in 2005 we're running the first ever round of a World Championship.

People will retire as time goes on. Karen Luscombe and Heather Jagger, founders of "Yorkshire Tykes" have both retired now that their children have given up riding. That's life, and it doesn't end just because a couple of people decide it's time to step down.

Trials will go on. If you want to ride them then that's great. If you want to help us, that's even better.

Barbara Wright

Secretary of BikeTrial UK

Treasurer of BikeTrial UK

Webmaster of BikeTrial UK

World Round Event Organiser 2005

Retired Chairman of BikeTrial UK

Retired Membership Secretary of Tykes (1998-2003)

Well said Barbara, its about time the record was put straight. I attended the Biketrial U.K. AGM and voted on the issues propoesd. I have made proposals that have not found favour with the majority, in those instances I rely upon the good judgement of my fellow committee members and accept their descision - I don't walk out. Fortunatly enough people feel the same and we still have a fully functional Biketrial U.K. to keep things running.

I could not attend the Tykes AGM. I did however ask a friend to deliver a letter on my behalf offering to run some events, thus relieving current organisers of some of the work load. As I understand it no one came forward initially to take on the adminisstrative roles within the club, so the meeting was closed without offers of help ever being heard.

This is a personal post and nothing to do with KOXX - UK.

Fred Savage.

Biketrial U.K. committee member.

NBTC Clerk of the course.

U.K. World round Clerk of the course.