Tyke Trial

grantham

If all goes to pot, what i think should happen, its just make tyketrial a get-to-gether of all trials riders, Then you wouldnt have to pay, ride what you like as you like. And no one would be needed, no commitee, observers.

Worth a thought. Then it wouldnt loose the 'riding somewhere different appeal'.

But you'd have nowhere to ride? It seems hard enough for organisers to get to use people's land, and that's hard enough with public liability insurance, properly organised comps so that the land-owners know they aren't going to have anything messed up/stolen/litter left about, and so on. So if you did it just as a huge group of riders, it might get complicated?

But you'd have nowhere to ride?  It seems hard enough for organisers to get to use people's land, and that's hard enough with public liability insurance, properly organised comps so that the land-owners know they aren't going to have anything messed up/stolen/litter left about, and so on.  So if you did it just as a huge group of riders, it might get complicated?

Ah, thats a point. How much of tykes venues are actualy ownd, i just asumed that they were sort of, just there. Not realy owned by anyone.

Im not too knowledgeable about this comp buisness, but i have a suggestion. Its probably really naff, but i shall voice it anyway >_<

Couldnt there be a natural club/series/championship whatever run and organised by folk on here as part of trials-forum? Im sure there would be enough interest, loads of people willing to take part, easy advertisment and most people know each other off here. Would it be good for the trials community? Obviously you would need people to organise it properly etc.

Todge

Ah, thats a point. How much of tykes venues are actualy ownd, i just asumed that they were sort of, just there. Not realy owned by anyone.

Nope.

All the trials are held on privatly owned land, usually a local farmer who has let it be used for years by the clubs and also YGDMC (local motorcycle trials club) and needs to be payed for.

At the moment Waynio and I are approaching Aire Valley Cycles about a sponsership for tyketrial to for prizes which will hopefully give people an insentive to ride to win which will also mean more people and hopefully more adults and parents to help out, just an idea if that makes sense.

something will be sorted out.

More will be discussed when my dad (tyketrial commitee chairman) gets back from his weekend away.

Bucky

Nope.

All the trials are held on privatly owned land, usually a local farmer who has let it be used for years by the clubs and also YGDMC (local motorcycle trials club) and needs to be payed for.

At the moment Waynio and I are approaching Aire Valley Cycles about a sponsership for tyketrial to for prizes which will hopefully give people an insentive to ride to win which will also mean more people and hopefully more adults and parents to help out, just an idea if that makes sense.

something will be sorted out.

More will be discussed when my dad (tyketrial commitee chairman) gets back from his weekend away.

Bucky

Ah i see. Couldn't you just beg the landowner, its not like were doing any damage. And i personly don't think they should bother with medals, and prizes. But if that would mean more interest so be it.

Just make every one sign a form to say if they kill them self its there own fault. Didn't they do somthing similar at the MAD course at the bike show years ago!?

Then you arn't lible for injuries as I understand it.

Edited by Lewis Poyntontrials.com

This is a terrible shame for UK biketrials. Only a few people know what really happened at the AGM, but from my understanding there was some sort of coup that has made a lot of people retire from the commitee (Biketrial and clubs)

There is a huge amount of work that goes into running an event, but I'm sure that those of you on here that are talking about it, if you speak to Carol or anyone that runs events, they will open your eyes to what really goes into it!

It would be possible to have a form like MAD had at Bike, but then MAD have a huge public liabilty insurance that means they can get something like that made up!!!

I know how much time an effort Dave Butler put into Tech04. An how much of that was securing the land for that patricular date! 99% of places you CANT just turn

up an ride. All land is owned by someone, whether privatly or by national trust etc.

Hopefully we havent seen the last of Carol at events, she does a lot of work.

But I for one would like to know what is happeneing to the sport we all love in this country, now that this has happened.

Hopefully someone from Biketrial UK will post a reply as to what happened at the AGM, as there is no explanation on their site.

Only a few people know what really happened at the AGM
Aust told me what went on and its a real shame that a few people spoil it for the rest of us. Hopefully they can sort it out.

Also like you baz I hope that isn't the last we've seen of Carol she has done so much for the sport.

Does anyone know whats happening with the national rounds as tykes were supposed to be holding some of the rounds.

Crazy Gap Girl when is the 1st Falcons comp?

Dont worry bout the tyke trial thing.............

Trust me. Tykes will continue just waiting on a few things to clear the air.

iv spoken to barbara wright and most of the other tyke trial comittee members and im 100% sure that the club WILL indeed carry on. this has all come about over something quite serious that is why it is in quite a serious situation. :D

but as i said everyone is pulling there own weight and everyone knows how much they want the club to continue so as jerry springer would put it "these are the final thoughts" really words of wisdom :D :D

TYKE TRIAL WILL CONTINUE!!!!! possibly with the 2nd round in march.

Waynio.............................

EDIT if it doesnt continue there will be alot of un happy chappies :D

Edited by Waynio