Magura Louise Fairly New

Corish

(This is on behalf of my mate who isn't a TF Member.)

At first it bedded in nice and quick, sharp as anything couldn't be better no squeaks what so ever.

Now: squeaks like a b*****d and is shite it modulates kinda badly then somehow 'sticks' and the noise is aweful. I clean the pads and rotor but then it goes back to normal after a few hours, you shouldn't have to clean a disc every few hours now should you?

Thanks in advanced.

Corish

sounds like his pads are glazing, tell him to stop feathering his brake all the time, its done it on my avid a few time

In actual fact every time I take them out to clean them for him they're really glazy.

What do you mean by feathering?

corish

This deffo must be the cause, its very hard to set his wheel up it always without a doubt rubs theres a very small chance when it dont rub! So also how come it can just start rubbing now but not when he first got it?

corish

Possibly crap around the pistons is stopping them retracting quite as well. Just as a thought: youve cleaned the pads, but have you got them dirty? As in, lots of mud on the disc, and ride around for a bit. My friend's louise FR was acting up yesterday, but a bit of mud on the disc, ride around, then wash it off and ride round again, and its coming back up sharp (Y)

Edd

if im thinking about the right brake (Y)  does it only have one piston? so the pad nearest the spokes is fixed?

Get a 5mm allenkey, shove it through the spokes and adjust the pad (Y)  Tarty or someone will probably be able to explain it better

I'm pretty sure is has 2 pistons sure of it 99.9%.....

and Dave85: I will try that and also thive his whole brake a clean for him get it all like new again. Or could it be down to the automatic TPA working on one side more than the other?

Corish