Best Dvd Burning Software

pashley pro

It's nothing really to do with the software. All software these days comes with buffer underrun protection (i.e. it's burnproof), but it's the hardware that ruins disks. The most important thing with DVDs is the disk. I had some cheap disks that didn't work at all (Tried in 3 different DVD burners :wub: ), but if you buy some semi-decent disks, they will work fine. I've never had a problem with cheap CDR's though :-

Talking of DVD's, does anyone know what the crack is with + and -'s? I've got a Pioneer somethingorother DVD writer, and bought a pack of 5 Traxdata DVD-RW's. My writer doesn't seem to pick them up at all. Anyone know the problem?

[/steal]

Cheers,

Dave

As far as i know its the method of writing the disc which is determined by the + and - most aftermarket writers do both these days, although i know that most dell's up until very recently came with +R's. Did you buy your drive as an aftermarket item or was it part of a complete pc, it may well have what type format it writes on the drive front itself.

speak to dj phaze or someone like that comp wizzies

i use to *cough* copy *cough* dvd shrink

Dan

Cheers dude :D)

Well, I sometimes use DVD Shrink, as it has a Nero 6 plugin, to do the burning for you.

Initially, I rip the DVD with DVD Decrypter - best ripper out there for Win32 platform, I reckon.

Then I process the ripped DVD - either as an ISO, or in .IFO files - through DVD Shrink.

The trick for a safe burn is simple - use a low speed on your burner - I use 2x mostly for back-ups. And don't put too much strain on the computer - too much hard disk thrashing will incure buffer-underruns on the DVD...which are very noticable when you play them.

So: http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ and http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Laters,

:: Phaze ::