Is It True? Tall Riders Ride Better?

spider

No, my mate is ~6.2' and he sucks. He dents to strugle when it comes to riding smoothly and accurately. Bigger = clumsier.

I'm aprox. 5.7' and I do lot better than many taller riders.

by the sounds of it your just a better rider than he is!

ultimately it comes down to technique, power and probably stamina. Yeah maybe if two riders had '100% stats' on all three of these than the taller one probably could go a little higher or a little further! but height certainly used as an excuse!

mike

ultimately it comes down to technique, power and probably stamina. Yeah maybe if two riders had '100% stats' on all three of these than the taller one probably could go a little higher or a little further! but height certainly used as an excuse!

I absolutely agree with you! "I can't do (or even try) it cos I'm short ass."

Pushing yourself mentally and knowing your own abilities is really important in trials.

Taller riders can have a advantage of gettign over the bike more etc, But for a smaller rider these thigns can be changed anyway using smaller stems etc, i dont really think theres any big advantage being bigger,marc caisso is small but you cant take anythign away form him,howvere being big and strong obvioulsy has over a little weak person!

Lee :P

i think shorter riders can be better at spinning etc, where taller people at side hops, i personally think a smaller person will be able to gap better as most small people are quiker. :lol: