How To Change Your Pc Case

pashley pro

Its really not that hard as i said on msn.

If your really worried take a few pictures of what goes where before you start and try to disconnect as little as possible (Y) It should only be the ide and power wires you have to wire up and they only go one way :P

sorry for asking what would seem to you  stupid questions. will i need an antistatic mat im going to use a wrist strap. oh and another thing i dont understand will i need a new cpu or can i use the old one once again?  thanks

Well if you're using the same motherboard then you can use the same Cpu... :P

whats the form factor
The size/shape of the case. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll both be ATX (Y)
. oh and is there any order i should take the parts out in or does it not matter.
Doesn't matter. As long as they all go back in the same place.
and do the motherboards fasten down with screws that will have the holes marked out in the same place on both cases.

Yes

Anti static stuff is crap. Parts work having been left knocking about on shelves etc....

Had some HDD going from PC to PC in my house at uni last year no harm was done...

If your worried do things like touching a radiator before you start, leave the power cable in too but off at the wall!!!!!! then its earthed.

and do the motherboards fasten down with screws that will have the holes marked out in the same place on both cases

Yes the new case will come with some standoff's (like spacer things) which you screw into the holes in the case to suit your motherboard and then screw the motherboard to.

Yes the new case will come with some standoff's (like spacer things) which you screw into the holes in the case to suit your motherboard and then screw the motherboard to.

be careful though when you srew the spacers into the case. Depending on the quality of the case it's easy to cross the thread and when you go to screw your mobo down the screws will just spin and not get tight.

The trick is to take your time and make sure everything is nice and smooth :D

be careful though when you srew the spacers into the case. Depending on the quality of the case it's easy to cross the thread and when you go to screw your mobo down the screws will just spin and not get tight.

The trick is to take your time and make sure everything is nice and smooth  :D

Or buy a decent quality case :P

Got a feeling he meant PSU not CPU :lol: If you mean PSU then you should be able to use the existing one as long as the computers not really really old :D

Most new cases (Apart from some expensive ones) come with a PSU built in. I would recommend you use that unless its the wrong form factor (like if your hardware is so old its AT not ATX)