Crank Flips

Village Idiot

Have been trying to do crank flips (the ones where you hop on the back wheel, then place your foot on the backwheel and flip the cranks with your other foot before pedalling off.

I'm having trouble actually flipping the cranks, I can get on the back wheel ok, but can't flip the cranks.

I backhop for a bit, and when I'm ready take my bad foot (right) and place it on the backwheel and try to spin the cranks with my left foot, but can't.

Does anyone have any tips on this?

I've tried doing it the other way (putting my left foot on the wheel, but then the cranks just slip back as there is no pressure keeping them forward).

You flick with your bad foot, you just put your good foot on back tyre and kick the cranks downwards n catch em with your bad foot, step on and ride away

I'd completely disagree with that. I use my good foot to flick. As you step onto the backwheel makesure that you have some pressure on the pedal so that you actually move the cranks. Also make sure that your cranks spin quite easily as it is :- .

Cheers,

Josh.

PS- practicing balancing while standing on your backwheel seems to help alot :P .

Front foot is more of a pull and the back foot is more of a flick. Tim Pratt uses his rear foot and he can easily pull triple crankflips = more flick? Possibly, I use my front foot I dont know why just try it out and see which works for you.

I spin the cranks with my right foot which is my choclote foot! I find it really had so the foot you normally have forward, use that one the fip the cranks! When you get on the backwheel get the cranks high so there easy to spin! If you have them to low it will be hard to get them to spin!

I love that move! Now i've mstered the crank flip on the backwheel!

Rob :- :P

get this move done and then try improving it.... add an x-up after you jump back on the pedals.... then once you can do that try 1 hander x-ups.... I seen somebody do that just after i started trials and i was truly amazed. :-"

I'm with the majority here.. i use my front foot forwards and just make sure that the pedal is slightly higher than it shud be so you can just whip your foot back and ur crank flies round...ACE!!! :D

p.s. try to keep the bike leaned a little bit in the same direction as the foot you use to stand on your tyre so you stay in the same place. with a bit of practice you should be able to balance for a minute and then just stand there spining your crank round. :P