Does Anyone Use The Onza T-master Stem?

SQuiT-man

First up - many people measure their stems 'incorrectly'. We'll be adding a measuring/dimensions guide when the new website is released.

The reach is measured horizontally (in relation to the steerer clamp), so, 145mm is actually a decent size.

The 40 degree rise is designed around 'flat' trials bars, so that is also relatively standard.

Might be worth measuring up your old stem for a comparison :wink2:

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Adam

What bike do you use it on?

Do you do sidehops, backwheeling and everything?

I might get one then, cos from the sounds of it they are good enuff??

I actually use a planet-x gigapipe stock stem (100mm x 23 degree rise) from my stock, with stackers, with my planet x goliath pro bars (2 inch rise) put forwards and upwards to give more length and rise! I think this works out around the same as having a 130-140mm reach stem (horizontally) with flat bars and a 30 degree rise as a guess.. But it is very hard to tell!

Do high mod stems help for sidehops for a non-tall person (5 foot 8) like me?

Yeah, sidehops, backwheeling, etc.

Started well getting into streety stuff like hopping to manual, etc. Works well for that too, 'specially with my new forks :-

This is all on a T-Pro, btw - to give you an idea of how it ends up looking with that stem:

gallery_91_37_73358.jpg

Not a shit hot pic 'cos it was cold and wet, and I've cut the steerer down now too. Anyhoo, cosmetic things aside, it feels pretty nice. I'm sorta tempted to get a slightly lower stem for more UCI/compy stuff, but to be fair, it's doing me OK now really, and I think I'm just hankering for spangly new stuff :)

Either way, it certainly made my bike feel nice. To quote someone who rode it compared to their standard T-Pro:

"I haven't lifted it up, but the whole setup just feels lighter."

Said person rode it and said the front end felt way lighter and it felt more maneuvrable, but it actually turns out his front end was actually lighter, it's just the geo made mine feel better. However, that is also partly down to the forks too. He is planning on buying the same bar and stem too though...

Mark.

P.S. Re: the "will it be better for a shorter rider" - I've honestly got no idea. I'm 6'2" though, so I can't really tell you, but most of the physical theories put about on the forum about "You should have a high front for _______ and a low front for ______" seem to be pretty much wrong anyway. It's all down to feel, so you can't group everything in the same way. It's only £22, so I guess it's worth a shot?