Advice Needed!

Jonno

Right, My ashtons got a crack round the bb thats about 2 and a quater inches, now what i want to know is: if i drill a small hole at each end of the crack will this at least slow the crack down? it will get replaced eventually but i cant afford a new frame at the moment so need a 'quick fix' for the time being.

any help appriciated.

Jonno

If my frame cracked I would drill a small hold at both sides of it then take it to a welding place and get them to put a metal pipe around it this will cover up the crack and will stop the crack,

Cheers :closedeyes:

I know someone will dissagree with me but sorry its just what i would do!

Not much you can do as alloy doesn't weld very good. Best thing you could do is drill a small hole as you have said at each end of the crack. This should hopefully stop it spreading and take it to a local welding place and ask them to put a gusset over the top of it.

You may be lucky enought for it to last a while and maybe not but it wont cost you much to find out.

Is it out or warranty?

Not much you can do as alloy doesn't weld very good. Best thing you could do is drill a small hole as you have said at each end of the crack. This should hopefully stop it spreading and take it to a local welding place and ask them to put a gusset over the top of it.

You may be lucky enought for it to last a while and maybe not but it wont cost you much to find out.

Is it out or warranty?

Isn't that what I just said? :closedeyes:

Cheers :-

I will be selling my Dbr frame soon if you are interested ?

thanks but im after another ashton,

looks like il have to take it to the local frame builders after all and see whats what, although as has bin said alloy dosent weld the best :closedeyes:

cheers for the replies,

Jonno