Disk Break

JT!

I would like a disk break one way or the other. But currently, my wheel sits very high in my forks. So that my maggies at the moment are as high as they can go, and they are only just on the rim. :)

So when i get a disk, because of the way the wheel is, will there be any problems with the pads not been in line with the disk? :P

P.S I have never used a disk befor. (Y)

Do you mean your rim sits high in your forks? If so then its noting to do with your hub... its more likely to do with rim diameter or brake mount position. Therefore, having a disk would be fine cos it's nothing to do with the position of v-brake (or magura) mounts.

The disk rotor attaches onto the hub, abd the caliper onto the fork disk mount, so rim poition has no effect.

Do you mean your rim sits high in your forks? If so then its noting to do with your hub... its more likely to do with rim diameter or brake mount position. Therefore, having a disk would be fine cos it's nothing to do with the position of v-brake (or magura) mounts.

The disk rotor attaches onto the hub, abd the caliper onto the fork disk mount, so rim poition has no effect.

Thats a good point, i was thinking along the lines of, the hub is conected to the rim, so the rim and hub follow if you know what i mean. Never realy thought about the rim been bigger, or the mounts themselves slightly higher.

I'll just get one and go from there.

Thanks all.

(Y)

Edited by JT!

Even if it is in a wrong position (which it sounds like it isn't), get an avid, so it's fully adjustable anyway. (Y)

I would, as they have an excellent rep, but i can't stand cables.

Fluid all the way. :)

fluid all the way...........  down ur forks

Yeah, but when they are right, they last for ages. Feel better aswell.

oh, just noticed u spelt BRAKE (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) wrong in the title  :ermm:

what ever happened to the smelling bee?  he get over worked and have a heart attack?

smithy

Oops, though it didnt seem right. :">

The longer the spelling bee is gone the better.