Plazmatic And Megamo Mod Tryes

SQuiT-man

I've got an old Plazmatic rear tyre in my garage....its practically brand new too.

I think its basically the same as the Luna tyres so nothing special really, other than the fact it says Plazmatic on the sidewall. :(

heres a piccy for the hell of it...

gallery_1308_157_91064.jpg

Edited by RicH_87

i haven't ever seen/heard of megamo specific tyres.

This plaz came on a megamo though so maybe they are the same??

They aren't crap, infact the Luna tyres are one of the best Mod tyres available. Good wear rate,almost completely puncture resistant and pretty cheap.

yeh maxxis win on grip, but they aren't the best tyre becasue of it.

I have every type of Mod tyre in my garage and i have to say i much prefer the montys over any of them.

I can't be bothred explaining why, and it is based on personal opinion anyway, so basically...

each to their own.

Theyre website has not been updated for ages, and never used to, it still says slinger is riding for them!

Anyway, a Megamo tyre/plazmatic is the same tyre as a monty, I compared mine when i got them (the megamos to monty) and the part number thingy was the same apart from 1 number, and they looked exactly the same too.

Stu

i haven't ever seen/heard of megamo specific tyres.

This plaz came on a megamo though so maybe they are the same??

They aren't crap, infact the Luna tyres are one of the best Mod tyres available. Good wear rate,almost completely  puncture resistant and pretty cheap.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but from SuperCycles Creepy Crawlers are cheaper :("

yes i know :(

how could i miss it when there has been about 4 seperate posts on that one fact and about 20 people bumming them.

I didn't actually say they were the cheapest though, just that they were pretty cheap.

meh....montys are the best anyway :S

Fair enough, it's just that they're not cheap in comparison to the main competition which is the Creepy Crawler. I've just gone from Luna to Creepy Crawler, and although there's nothing really wrong with the Lunas, the Crawlers are just better, basically. I'm glad I changed; the tyre just rides differently and feels better. The only problem is my damn slow puncture in my back tyre meaning that the tyre's too soft so it gets shitloads of rolling resistance 'cos it's almost too grippy for riding about at low pressures...

Anyway, yeah...

Mark.