Echo Pure Vs Echo Control

Village Idiot

Hi,

Was wondering what the main differences are between the Echo Control and the Echo Pure (strength, what type of riding they are geared towards...).

I currently ride a mixture of street and natural (but probably more street).

Also what's the advantage of having a +10mm/20mm bb height over a +0mm?

Cheers

Bit longer, more bb rise, lower stand over.

My bike has a +20bb which is the same as a control and my old bike had a +10bb which is the same as a pure. Basicly, the +20 feels much nicer on the backwheel and is easyer to get up.

Get a control out of the 2. Much better all rounder with the trials spec geo. Look into the 1065 more than the 1085.

Sam

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

The Control is a bargain for the upgrade cost over the Pure.

For an extra £55 you get £30 worth of booster to stiffen up your rear brake and improve its performance. Deeper and chunkier chainstay plats to increase strength and stiffness. 3D CNC dropouts which improve the contact area/angle for welding, theoretically making a stronger rear end. Lower standover height, meaning you can do those Neil Tunnicliffe style sidehops with the arse to the side a bit easier/better.

As has been said, the Control looks bloody awesome!!

The Control's added bb height gives better ground clearance on obstacles, which for natural makes a big help imo. It also makes the bike gap to front wheel better and give you more confidence on sidehops especially (because everything looks a tiny bit smaller).

With the choice of lengths for the Control, you can call it a more 'streety' bike in the 1065 wheelbase version. Or a more 'big move' orientated UCI style bike for the 1085 version.

One thing is for sure, you dont feel like you're riding a really long bike on either of them: With the higher bb reducing bb-bars distance, a 1085 feels more like a 1065 of a 'normal' geometry frame.

The Pure, at the end of the day, is still a bargain at £320. Damn strong dependable frame. But for me, the choice of sizes, extra CNC'd bits, improved strength, ride characteristics and free booster swings it the Control's way for sure.

Dunno if that helped at all or I just ranted.

Best thing to do is read people's reviews of the frames, see what sounds like your sorta thing.

i really like the control on the back wheel, and its a bril frame for trials. I did find it hard to jump up stuff though, pedal hopping up (wheelie hop) i found really hard, not sure quite why .. but the only thing with the frame i would say, no seat is a pain in the arse (litrally) but in the ride point of view brill. I did have a go on a pure, and they are very nice. with a simular feel the bike was great on the back wheel, and for jumping up stuff. AND it has a seat. The choice is yours my friend and i hope those few words ment something, chris

They are both great frames, the control looks awesome and I can't really say much more than what has been said already. I would say the pure is more streety than the control, but its still a trials bike and a great one at that.

But the main thing is, what do you mean by street, do you mean streety street or just riding trials on the street, if its the second option either would be great!

Mike

out of the two  i think the 1065 pure will be the most versitile one out of the two but i would probly go for a 1090 control  :blink:  :wub:

Hehe, neither of those frames exist though...

The Pures WERE 1060 or 1080, now 1085 only. Controls 1065 or 1085 :ermm: