Clim8 6 Poter

colly

If you want a better brake, just get some good pads and a grind?

no my brake is ok in the dry/light dampness, not running a grind becasue my old pads lasted minutes on it, and i wasnt to impressed with the power of it either, i just want it becasue of wet and muddy conditions so i have a brake :(

If you want a decent rear disk, I would say go for the Hayes HFX-9 XC. Fred has one on the rear of his megamo and it has immense power and hold.

If you're up for spending a bit extra, maybe try a Magura Marta. I ran one on the rear for ages, and loved it. Was miles better than my maggie was in the wet.

Those are the only 2 disks I would reccomend for the rear.

I've been running one on the front for over a year now, just about getting ready for pad's and a bleed. I love the brake, immense power and once your used to it you can modulate it. It (although I havent checked the steerer for abit) hasn't cracked my forks either, and headtube's fine (T-Pro with '04 X-Lite forks). I've never riden a bike with one on the back though, I'm guessing it'd probably be good but not too sure.

• 2 years later...
Amen. I try to stay well away from the stuff now.

Ive been riding clim8 rear disc but only for DH, I tried swapping it today to use for trials but going to swap back to maggies.

I couldnt feel how much stopping was being applied anyway so back to HS33 for now. Very interesting to hear weak points accentuated by using disc though.

Ive been riding clim8 rear disc but only for DH, I tried swapping it today to use for trials but going to swap back to maggies.

I couldnt feel how much stopping was being applied anyway so back to HS33 for now. Very interesting to hear weak points accentuated by using disc though.

LMAO this thread is years old