Tioga White Tiger

colly

hey, what is the tioga white tiger tyre like on the rear of a trials bike, i know they are good for down hill use but has any body smashed one on the back of a trials bike? what is the compound like, how long do they last and most of all whats the pinch protection like? thanks :(

I find that you feel too high up on the knobbles so you get a lot of roll and sort of wobblyness one concrete or anything hardpacked, they are quite a soft compound but don't seem to wear too quick and no punctures so far (run at 35psi on a 521).

I'd go for t'old highrollers or a mich over them though but not a bad tyre if your on a slightly lower budget

My mate just got a pair, was going to go two's with him but since last week on someone's bike with Tioga tyres and slip while gapping, It has put me off on all Tioga tyres but these seem to be good, grips good, nice pinch protection.

Ive got some white tigers i use for downhill. I think the Yellow Kirin's are the ones to use for Trials. Ive seen Ashton using them and they look really tacky. Also the knobbles dont look so.. er Knobbly

Tad more expensive but when it comes down to it its always better to pay a bit extra and get exactly what you wanting.

Hope this helps

T Bird