Metal Gear Solid 3

pashley pro

hi there ive just got metal gear solid 3 and thought it was miles better than two.has anyone else got it. And is that guy ocelot supposed to be revolver ocelot from the first as he uses some sort or revolver eventually. i Havent got too far im up to the point of fighting pain. Has anyone finished it and did they think the stroy line was as good as the first?

AMAZING! I love this game, I have just killed "the end". When I first saw it, I saw a person who shot bee's at you and a sniper that could photosynthesize and was horrified at what it had become but my god! This game is truly amazing. I would go as far as to say it was as good as MGS1.

Funnily enough you should post this topic, my brother bought it on friday and i didnt realise he had it since today, so ive been playing since 3pm its bloody hard!At the moment im trying to get into the room with solokov(sp?) but people see me before i can get to him and i cant do it :lol: then it takes ages for the alert to go away....

It's really good though, the whole getting your own food and camoflauge is good :)

While in theory All MGS games are exactly the same fundamentals, there are some relatively major differences in 3 as opposed to the other two.

No Radar, this would mean that you cannot rely on looking at your radar but by constantly looking ahead of you and planning your moves.

Alerts can last up to five minuites, skulking around in hiding is horrendously tense when an alert is on.

You can shoot helicopters and other vehicles etc.

Much, Much Longer. I have been playing for ten hours and have really only got 50% through (I assume). The other two were possible to complete in 6 hours if you knew what you were doing.

Finally, MGS3 is relatively hard (in comparison to the other two), but once you play for a long time you get used to it and it becomes natrual to sneak about.

oh my god, its so different to the other mgs games.

No radar means you spend more time checking your envirnoment and stealth is of the importance.

The plot is second to none and the graphics are amazing.

Ive onyl played it for a few hours but im upto the bit were snake mets that women for the second time

My brother has had it since Wednesday. I haven't played yet but it's apparently much harder, although I didn't know about the lack of radar. I'll give it a play later on in the week. Sadly I can't stick these things out, I can't play for more than an hour or so.

I thought Metal Gear Solid was awesome, but I found it hard to work out where I was and where I had to go a lot of the time. Nonetheless I completed it after a week or so.

I gave Metal Gear Solid 2 a go sometime last year, it was pretty much the same as the first, but possibly a bit harder, and easier to die.

I'll give a more informed opinion of the third game once I've had a good play.

And yay at the beginning you get to kick the crap out of a raiden look a like, that was the only real disapointment of MGS2 that you were raiden not snake for like all the game apart from the beginning.

Alex

Played, completed and loved MGS1

Havent had the chance to play either of the other 2 due to not having a PS2....

The first game was truly awsome. Such a fresh game right from the off. Trying to do it on extreme mode was suicide with no radar and limited health!

PS. Ive heard on MGS3, theres a bit where you meet a nice lady who starts to undress for you, but then a load of soldiers attack??? At this point, if you press the look buttom, snakes eyes seem to stay in one place :sick: :lol:" :)

ive never played mgs games  but i must and from what i heard the game plots make good storys

The storyline is so good, it takes so mamy twists and turns like all the mgs games.

However having played all of the mgs games you kinda know roughly when theres gonna be a plot change.

But saying that the action, although all stealth is pretty intense.

I have played it for a few hours now and well im back at uni so it will have to wait till the weekend to play some more as i dont have a tv with a scart led.

• 3 weeks later...

MGS1 is awesome... love it to bits... not one problem with it except for the graphics but its a PS1 games so can't complain

MGS2 is ok... to much movie scenes compared to the game play... I also hate Raiden hes a poof... if and when I do play MGS2 I only every play the start ( on the boat ) as you are Snake and he rocks... but after that the game basically sucks donkey balls. Although there is some cool bits BUT only some :ermm:

MGS3 is out of this world... the game is f**king immense, I love it to bits, it's long, graphics rock, amazing gameplay + sh*t hot movie scenes and you get to go the legendary Snake or should I say 'Big Boss' hehehe! It is truely the best out of all the MGS games... I'm hocked on it :)

MGS4 will either be the continue of Solid Snake chasing Liquid Snake ( from what you seen at the end of MGS2 ) or a continue of The Big Boss when he defects to the Soviet Union and starts his own group 'FoxHound' which was recreated from the group Fox ( you heard/seen that at the end of MGS3... also Snake 'Big Boss' becomes pals with Revolver Ocelot ) and clones himself to create Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidious Snake.

What ever continue its going to be MGS4 will be f**king awesome... I cant wait :)

Metal Gear Solid games are the best ever... FACT!

Also... I love Snakes voice, it rocks... infact Snake rocks in general... he's just so cool in everyway... Ha!

Watson

Edited by Biker_Watson

MGS1 is awesome... love it to bits... not one problem with it except for the graphics but its a PS1 games so can't complain

MGS2 is ok... to much movie scenes compared to the game play... I also hate Raiden hes a poof... if and when I do play MGS2 I only every play the start ( on the boat ) as you are Snake and he rocks... but after that the game basically sucks donkey balls. Although there is some cool bits BUT only some :ermm:

MGS3 is out of this world... the game is f**king immense, I love it to bits, it's long, graphics rock, amazing gameplay + sh*t hot movie scenes and you get to go the legendary Snake or should I say 'Big Boss' hehehe! It is truely the best out of all the MGS games... I'm hocked on it :)

MGS4 will either be the continue of Solid Snake chasing Liquid Snake ( from what you seen at the end of MGS2 ) or a continue of The Big Boss when he defects to the Soviet Union and starts his own group 'FoxHound' which was recreated from the group Fox ( you heard/seen that at the end of MGS3... also Snake 'Big Boss' becomes pals with Revolver Ocelot ) and clones himself to create Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidious Snake.

What ever continue its going to be MGS4 will be f**king awesome... I cant wait :P

Metal Gear Solid games are the best ever... FACT!

Also... I love Snakes voice, it rocks... infact Snake rocks in general... he's just so cool in everyway... Ha!

Watson

yeh too right, it does rather kick ass

i just finished off MGS3 today and i feel like starting it again but on extreme or european extreme mode this time, european extreme seems a bit OTT hard though, because if an enemy spots you the game is over :), so it would be rather difficult, i just want to do it again but this time look at all the little bits you miss out whilst playing games for the first time, unless you cheat and look on the net for cheats and hints. and just generally complete the game quicker and get different endings or different sequences you miss out.

yeh too right, it does rather kick ass

i just finished off MGS3 today and i feel like starting it again but on extreme or european extreme mode this time, european extreme seems a bit OTT hard though, because if an enemy spots you the game is over  :ermm:, so it would be rather difficult, i just want to do it again but this time look at all the little bits you miss out whilst playing games for the first time, unless you cheat and look on the net for cheats and hints. and just generally complete the game quicker and get different endings or different sequences you miss out.

Yeah... I'm on Hard the now, started on easy and im working my way up... European Extreme is going to be bloody hard though :)

Did you get 'Snakes Nightmare' and 'Johnny's story' when your in the jail cell after you got the crap kicked out of you by Volgin?? If you never, to get the Nightmare all you have to do is save the game when your in the cell then switch the PS2 off then reload the game back up and automatically you will be in a nightmare ( it's well class!! ). To get Johnny's life story ( the guard ) you have to wait till he throws the food in the cell then pick it up and throw it back out to him... do this 3 times and then Johnny will say something like, 'Hey your not that bad after all' and then it will go into a movie scene telling you about him :)

Also when your in the cell if you wait long enough in it... and I mean long!!! Johnny will run to the loo as he needs a big crap, he'll start talking to himself... it's well funny ( it's the same as in MGS1 when the guard runs to the loo as he is dieing for a crap ) + the guard in MGS3, that's the guard in MGS1's son -- little bit of random info im giving you there :o

There's loads of extra movie scenes you can get... just keep a look out for them, there's like 4 for when your in the plane with Ocelot at the end :P

If you have any questions on the game just ask and I will tell you as im a total Metal Gear Soild freak... lol :P

Watson

Took me 13hours 43mins 22secs to complete the game on my first try... then when I played it for a second time it took me exactly 7hours 25mins... now since I'm on hard I'll try ang get under 5 hours ( will be solid though ) :o

Then I'm going to try and unlock the 'Stealth Camouflage' ( owww the fun you can have with that... playing tricks on the soliders, its great!!! :o ) but I have to complete the game with no Alerts, now that's a solid task!!! :S

Watson