Koxx Tyres

trialsguru

soon itll be new tyre time, and after 2yrs of running maxxis im thinking about getting a set of the koxx tyres, i know that the grips amazing as i had them on my mod but i just wanted to know if anyone knows the weight of the stock tyres and also whats the puncture resistance like?

cheers!

I found the grip to be pretty much as good as a maxxis, but only really when the tread is nice and sharp.

I think the rear is quite heavy, 1300g or thereabouts but I still managed to puncture mine on a few occasions. I also found it to be quite tall and would fold more than a maxxis, it also has a rounder profile decreasing stability.

The front is about 750g and I cant remember ever punctureing that.

I would stick with maxxis on the back, but I would be perfectly happy running a front try-all

any doubt about try all tyres and grip - just study the nbtc results. i think they show what grips and what doesnt. mod and stock are the same pattern. i have one and grip is awesome

Results say NOTHING. Example, Vincent Hermance could ride Tigoa tyres and still beat the crap out of everyone here. It's all about SKILL and PRECISION.

I have only tried try-all rear tyres on other people's bikes. They have folded, flexed and felt generally inferior to Maxxis. On the front though, they're nice tyres. A bit on the heavy side, but not too flexy for small rims, and plenty of grip and pinch protection.

Also, try-all tyres shed mud no better than Maxxis. They clog up really fast and lose all their grip, just like all other tyres used for trials. You'll have to give it the ol' stick treatment, beating the mud out of the tread before riding a section or whatever.

Personally though, I don't bother.

Results say NOTHING. Example, Vincent Hermance could ride Tigoa tyres and still beat the crap out of everyone here. It's all about SKILL and PRECISION.

I have only tried try-all rear tyres on other people's bikes. They have folded, flexed and felt generally inferior to Maxxis. On the front though, they're nice tyres. A bit on the heavy side, but not too flexy for small rims, and plenty of grip and pinch protection.

Also, try-all tyres shed mud no better than Maxxis. They clog up really fast and lose all their grip, just like all other tyres used for trials. You'll have to give it the ol' stick treatment, beating the mud out of the tread before riding a section or whatever.

Personally though, I don't bother.

mine work fine - i am pleased with them. may be you are to near the north pole and the magnetic force has clouded your judgement - or do all sweedish people say .. the ol stick treatment..

i was really impressed with the performance of my rear try all tyre, never pinched it, although i havent pintched a tyre for a fair while, but they are waaaaay tooo expensive for the time they last

damn right it is!!:turned:

sweed - the vegtable - has two e's, but skuse my spellllin.

are you saying that all people that achieve good results on try all tyres are actually better riders than the results show.......................

The vegetable is also called Swede.

No, I'm not saying that any rider using tryall tyres are better than the results show. Well, basically, you are anyway, since almost everyone ride better outside the comp sections and without time limits.

I'm just saying that you can't use results to show if a tyre is good or not.

In have Try-all tyres on try-all rim front and back, nevber had a pinch on the rear, even doing all the rail drop gaps I do and what not(25psi). And the grip is awsome. even when on like 30psi, i've stuck to things maxis havnt. hardly ever rims, depends what sorter rider u are, edge or on top. ! puncher since november and that was a nail.

It still amazes me that Janson's English is superior to many an English person on this forum :turned:

Ha Ha totally agreed

I ran a pair of try alls for about 3 months. I have to agree that there are much much better rear tyres out there but I still use the front one to this day.. i think it looks smart, I've dont plenty of front wheel gaps in the wet and it always grips and never pinched it once.

I wouldnt mind trying a maxxis on the back although I'm really happy with my comp 24.. never ridden a better tyre.

oli

yeh so in conclusion take everyones advice and go for a maxxis rear but id say jut try a try-all on the front.

i cant say i have tried the tires on my stock but i too am looking at buyin some try alls for my mod, any ideas on performance and life (wear)?? :turned:

i have seen fletch ride and can safely say that if he can avoid pinchin the tryall koxx tires, no one will cos that guy goes big!!!! :)

Ive never used a MAxis tyre yet but I am to when my try-all's run out on the 60A compound as the 35 or ST seems to wear too quick for people around here.

Anyway Koxx Tyres. I bought a paor at the bikeshow and was thinking they would wear out quickly. They didnt lasted 6 months of me using them then I sold them to my mates as I wanted a new pair and they are still going now. I never have pinched the rear one in running it for 11 months now running between 12-psi and 40psi. I pinched the front one once at 7psi, (I was playing with pressures). I have been very impressed with their grip on wet logs, rocks, mud etc and they last about 9 months I would say and I have to ride 2/3 miles to get to a riding location.

I would reccomend these tyres but as I have never used maxis tyres I cannot compare them.

I found the grip to be pretty much as good as a maxxis

Yeah, to be honest I havnt noticed any difference between my super tacky (suposedly very grippy) maxxis and my old hot s. apart from weight.

I know this had nowt to do with koxx tyres but hey. Iv seen a few peeps ride with koxx tyres and they are pretty good by the looks of it. Maxxis probably work out cheaper though

Each to their own eh (Y)

Yer id go for a pair of try all tryes, they do grip very good,people say that they are heavy put i dont think so,ive never punctured whilst using the tyres,and i still think they grip well when they are like slicks. (Y) They really are awsome tyres,id never use any other tyre,best tyres yet! ;)

Try-All Tyres - Pair 26" £49.00

Cleanbikes see my signature.

Lee.................................