Info Needed

TomN

Hi I bought a Pure frame but someone never told me that the mech hanger was threaded, any way I put my chain on but it's very tight but I thought it might stretch out, but after 2hr or riding it still very tight. Just wanted will it do serious damage to my hope hub.

edit:not running a rear mech sora at mo.

Edited by TomN

Only thing is will do, is rip the cog through your hub body (from muchos previous experience, I used to ride it tight due to sidehopping right-ways).

Depends how tight it is really, I know if it is REALLY tight it makes King's skip a lot more.....

Could get a half linkl BMX one? No not running a rear mech at moment since my my rear mech wont screw in. Hub did skip about 3 times today. I will get a new mech hanger when i have some money.

Just get a nut and bolt. A seat pin is ideal, i used one on my ashton when the hanger stripped.

How i go about with nut and bolt? Take the current one out of rear mech? Plus what's a seat pin? :turned: .

Edited by TomN

Take the mech off, there is a little U shaped clip just under the thread. Pop that off with a screwdriver (youll have to turn it round first) and the plate and spring will come out with the bolt. Then get a nut a bolt and slap it all on (Y)Or go to a bike shop and ask for a seat pin or i can send you one if you send me postage (Y)

Get a piece of steel, about an inch wide, 4 inch long,

Drill hole in one end 8mm or so, get a bolt/nut so that you can bolt it down to the mech hanger really tight.

Drill a 5mm hole and put an old jockey wheel on it, play around with washers to get it inline, sorted (Y)

EDIT: Even better idea, get a new mech hanger £7 posted, www.tartybikes.co.uk I had to get one for my ET.

Edited by rich4130