Echo Bash - Bit Dodge?

GuyJames

The Echo bashring seen here simply slides on to screw on cranks and is held on by the freewheel. Ok...but surely when one whacks the bashring some of the shock will be sent through the freewheel and i wondered if this ok, as to me, it sounds a tad dodge.

I have got Onza Muscleman cranks with a Eno Trials freewheel, will everything be ok when I run the bash?

Any opionions, experiences welcome to put my mind at rest.

Thank you, Guy

I have got Onza Muscleman cranks with a Eno Trials freewheel, will everything be ok when I run the bash?

Any opionions, experiences welcome to put my mind at rest.

How much thread is there on your cranks? And how much thread does the freewheel take up?

The Echo bashring takes up another 5mm... which may mean you havent got enough thread for a freewheel (as opposed to using a fixed sprocket).

It may also not clear the back of your crank arm, due to its shape.

Hope thats of some use, and makes sense!

Adam

more of a guard to stop your trouser getting ripped, and also leaning towards the compy sides of bashrings, imo wouldnt give it much grief on the street as the reasons you said.

How much thread is there on your cranks? And how much thread does the freewheel take up?

There is just enough so my Eno fits on perfectly without any left. Argh, I'm quite smooth but will whack the bashring pretty hard when I screw up large gaps.

Anyone with my set-up (muscleman, front freewheel and Echo bashring) got any comments?

Worried - Guy :-