Finking Of A Change

golspie-trials-biker

hey im thinking of a new frame its just a wee idea ive had though it may not happen if my hand buggers up on me gain. well i hav an echo urban which i love but i dnt knw were it stands in the ranks as theres a lot of new bikes coming out e.g. all long low and silver which imo is annoying - i like the old style of actually having a frame and possible seat if you ever want one lol but yeh has anyone got an oppinion or should i jst keep me trusty steed ( i like the woodstock btw ) herd its not strong though??

hey im thinking of a new frame its just a wee idea ive had though it may not happen if my hand buggers up on me gain. well i hav an echo urban which i love but i dnt knw were it stands in the ranks as theres a lot of new bikes coming out e.g. all long low and silver which imo is annoying - i like the old style of actually having a frame and possible seat if you ever want one lol but yeh has anyone got an oppinion or should i jst keep me trusty steed ( i like the woodstock btw ) herd its not strong though??

woodstocks are nice, i had one, but was converted to the darkside, and bought myself a T-rex :P its up for sale, if your interested :o"

i dont understand why you have to ask people if you have to buy a new frame? :o

do what you want to do not what is the trend :P

Well he wants peoples opinions, theres nothing wrong with that. Maybe he doesn't know of the full range of old school trials frames out there. Maybe he thought if he posted up people would think of frames he had never thought of before. Just maybe. People do tend to go on forums for advice :P

Back on topic. GT are either still testing it, or have unleashed their new hans ray signiture frame, which is definatly not long low and silver. I'm riding a alloy Base TA26 which you can get for £169.99, really good frame, as long as you run a proper seat and seatpost. Other wise they tend to crack, like mine, as the seatpost takes some of the stress. A nice steel lesson 26" might do you. A higher price than the Base sitting at £400 but it comes with either IsIs or Taper bb, seatpost and I'm sure someting else which I can't think of. Theres also the good old steel curtis, not exactly the best geometry around but is nice for street, plus they look sexy, at around £500.

Edited by Trials Punk

yes i seen the hans signiture frame which i dont like sorry! oh by the way sorry for my text syle typing! back to the topic though ... does anyone remember the old giants the black and yellow coloured ones and then after the yellow and bluey ones there still one of the coolest bikes around. im just looking for some opinions im not saying silver and low is that bad i just want a bike with a bit of colour to it and a seat tube - i do like the base but i dont think it will ride better than my urban?? the woodstock is nice but is'nt it weak? anyway sorry for being annoying its just ive been away a while so i need to catch up a bit lol. ok ive just seen the zoo pythan its silver and low but my god its cool!

I've noticed whenever someone posts a topic about what frame they should get, someone always says "It should be your choice, not everyone else's" or something along those lines. Then someone else replies "Maybe he's just asking for people's opinions." It's kind of become a routine thing on these kind of threads.

I ride mod, and used to ride a megamo and switched to koxx long version, and it improved my riding a lot, and seems to work for most people, unless they're looking for a street machine.

Hope this helped

Cheers