Michelin C4 Latex Tube

Zordon

Currently I use Maxxis DH tube (480g) and I want to try something lighter.

I'm about latex Michelin C4 inner tube (~130g). How it will work on rear wheel? Is it easy to get a puncture with it? And if i get a puncture - can it be fixed with standard patches?

Currently I use Maxxis DH tube (480g) and I want to try something lighter.

I'm about latex Michelin C4 inner tube (~130g). How it will work on rear wheel? Is it easy to get a puncture with it? And if i get a puncture - can it be fixed with standard patches?

Is it the blue one???. i had it found it not good ountures it with in like 4 weeks

I got the black one its mint i would get one(Y)

Edited by mavic

Is it the blue one???. i had it found it not good ountures it with in like 4 weeks

I got the black one its mint i would get one(Y)

Yes, it's blue (or green?).

Does Michelin makes also black latex tubes? Or do you mean different manufacturer's one?

The best tube I have ever used was a hutchinson one, bright green aswell, really good tube. If you can, get one, they are mint.  :)

Yeah but he want's to save weight not put it on :) the green hutchinson is a beasty DH tube :D

I ran a latex tube for nearly 6 months unpunctured but when it did puncture I couldn't get patches to stick properly (Y)

try it out the do save a lot of weight

Well, i'm not that fussed about the weight on my rear wheel anyway, if you have a heavier tyre/tube then you will have more certrifugal force which could mean me gapping further.  (Y)

works both ways :) heavier tyre/tube will be harder to accelerate than a lighter wheel. therefore gapping reduced!! lol

Pete

Well, i'm not that fussed about the weight on my rear wheel anyway.

Yes but he is.

I am also, I put a 500g lighter on with a DH tube and it makes a difference to weenie me.

I'd just run a normal tube mate, still be hell of a saving, my 24" normal tubes are only 175g.

Yes, it's blue (or green?).

Does Michelin makes also black latex tubes? Or do you mean different manufacturer's one?

Man the new tube is black and thats the one i got its a bit heavy but a f**king beast (Y) ( michelin that is)

I ran a latex tube for nearly 6 months unpunctured but when it did puncture I couldn't get patches to stick properly :(

Oh, that's mean it needs to be fixed by some special patches. So then I'll probably change the tube with some less radical one (Schwalbe DH 280g or Michelin C6 DH 330g) :] I simply don't trust standard cheap tubes.

Anyway, thanks for advice :P