Hope Bulb

Duck

Hi

My rear hope bulb has started to wobble when i rock the wheel,i took the wheel out but there was no movment in the axle but the freehub body moves side to side a few mil and can just be pulled of easy,i took it all apart and gave it a good cleaning but its still doing the same,anyone else had this problem?

Phil

i think its that little bit that you pull off the the inside of the freehub which allows you to release the freehub body.

i had this problem cos mine had developed a bit of movement and everytime i took the rear wheel out my freehub would fall off so i got one of them new little bits and it clipped on really nice and snug, job was done for me >_<

i think its that little bit that you pull off the the inside of the freehub which allows you to release the freehub body.

i had this problem cos mine had developed a bit of movement and everytime i took the rear wheel out my freehub would fall off so i got one of them new little bits and it clipped on really nice and snug, job was done for me :ermm:

Yeah what he said!

I had exactly the same problem with my hope XC however it ended up I had snapped the axel, booo >_<

Replace your freehub bearings.

With the freehub off use a screw driver to move the spacer off centre then use cerclip pliers to remove cerclip retaining the inside bearing then knock this one out, then knock the outside bearing out the inside hole. Then insert new bearings in the reverse order.

I haven't done it in a while but I think it's correct, might want to check though.

I'll see if I can find out more info.

Leon

hopetech

Try this^^^ Maintainence rear cassette hub.

Edited by bluecatracingcat