Rear Tyre Choice

HarshRider

any body got any good Recommendations for a good rear tyre-

right i have used maxxis minion 1ply supper tacky rear tyre which is all but a slick tyre now!

before now i have used panaracer fr 2.4 , el gato, intensse blur and the maxxis!

i wans't really inpressed with the wear rate of the maxxis minion tyre (i know for a tyre to be grippy that this genrally this means the tyre will wear out quicker)

i was thinking about a michelin comp 24 but am not to sure about the wear rate! (also is quite pricy)

i do both street and natty! though im thinking about buyer a pair of supper tacky tyres just for comps?

do maxxis do the 60a in a 2 ply casing and has any body tried these?

cheers Rich

(sorry for another annoying tyre question!)

Oh also this is for a leeson clear so no huge tyres :lol:

Edited by HarshRider

Michelin's are awesome.

However if you want the springyness of the Maxxis, get the Maxxis Minion Maxxpro 60a compund in dual ply - I'm running one at the moment and i have been since about January, and there is NO noticeable wear.

It doesn't grip as well as a Michelin or a 42/40a Maxxis on wet wood, but on concrete theres no difference in performance.

You can buy them from CRC for the same price as the Super Tacky's.

I've never had a pinch with either a Michelin or a Maxxis tyre.

Sorry for stealing thread but has anyone tried a Comp 16S, was it any good? compare to a Comp24 I had before.

There's very little difference performance wise, but i found the Comp 16 better for muddier comps as the Comp 24's can get a bit clogged up with mud.

Other than that i could see no difference.

Comp 16's are less common though, for some reason?

i like the fenda kollossal 2.6 stick-e, its the grippyest tryre ever and its duel ply so no pinchflats. allso the kinetics 2.6 stick-e is very grippy and very bouncy but only single ply and i did find pinch flats were a drama!

rob

Yep good tyres from what I've seen, probably my next one. At the moment though, I'm stickin with faithful Minion super tacky.

Rossi.