Stupid Question..

frika

Hey..

Just a quick question... It sounds stupid but I just wanted to check!

Basically.. My car is completely FUCKED.. The gear box exploded last night.. So I wont be driving for a while..

I've taken my JBL 1000w sub out of my boot and put it in my room wired to my stereo.

I just got some speaker wire and twisted it round the wire that was already there and clipped it in the back of my stereo..

I just wanted to check that this is safe.. I don't wanna damage my sub or anything!

cheers

Mart

Sorry to steal you topic mart  :">  but are them Jbl 1000watt Jobbies any good , because mine will be here tomoz :"> ??

Cheers Man

I'm not answering your question until you answer mine!!

... Only joking!

They are the BOLLOX mate.. 1000watts is pretty loud, and for the money.. You can't go wrong!

I had a 400w amp on it and it sounded shit.. Needs between 750 - 1000w amp to get the most out of it!

Mart

I think his stereo will have a amplifier built in (Y)

It'd be worth checking the impedance on the sub and the current that your stereo supplies. If the speakers are too resistant, then they won't work properly. If they don't resist enough, you might blow your stereo.

That's just about covered the "how", now more importantly, the "why": Why on earth do you want to connect your sub up to your stereo that is completely not designed for it? A sub is designed to deal with low-end frequencies, yet you're connecting it to the same thing as a normal (all frequencies) speaker? If it sounds better than it did before, I'll eat my, um, keyboard.

I think his stereo will have a amplifier built in (Y)

It'd be worth checking the impedance on the sub and the current that your stereo supplies.  If the speakers are too resistant, then they won't work properly.  If they don't resist enough, you might blow your stereo. 

That's just about covered the "how", now more importantly, the "why":  Why on earth do you want to connect your sub up to your stereo that is completely not designed for it?  A sub is designed to deal with low-end frequencies, yet you're connecting it to the same thing as a normal (all frequencies) speaker?  If it sounds better than it did before, I'll eat my, um, keyboard.

Lol.. I just wanted to still get some use out of it while my car was off the road!

I've just unplugged it because I'm scared something will f**k up considering it's made for cars etc.. But it obviously did make a difference lol.. It was well bassy in my room!

My mum's bedroom is underneath mine, and as soon as I connected it she shouted at me to turn the bass down..

Looks like you're munching on your keyboard :P