Problems....

Punkrider

It depends on the oil's viscousity. I'm not sure how it compares to water but I'm guessing it would be a bit less viscous so it could reduce the leaking yes. I'd wait for someone a little more informed on RB levers reply first though :-

It depends on the oil's viscousity.  I'm not sure how it compares to water but I'm guessing it would be a bit less viscous so it could reduce the leaking yes.  I'd wait for someone a little more informed on RB levers reply first though  :-

Viscous = Thick and gloopy. But yeah - more viscous oil might stop it leaking a bit. But you should probably tackle the problem head-on; find where it's leaking and fix it. If it's leaking out of the cylinder (by the seals), then you may need to smooth the inside of the cylinder a bit - Use a soft dremel piece to make the inside of the cylinder nice and smooth.

yeah, the thikness of the oil will depend if the lever leaks or not, sum people have said that polishing the inside of the cylinder will prevent leaking....DON'T!..... this may damage the inside of the cylinder thus shittifieing the lever 'n' seels. try using a really thick lube on the cylinder and then rebleed the brake, dunno about mixing lubes and oil, not an expert, this should stop the leaking.

Mark. :-"

they had some of them new rb levers at the bike show today, so i was told anyway.  they had a beefy cylinder but the rest of it was the same, just thought you might be interested (Y)

from what i have heard they also have a wiper seal instead of a second o-ring that the original design had, hopefully preventing the leakage problems people exerience :)

from what i have heard they also have a wiper seal instead of a second o-ring that the original design had, hopefully preventing the leakage problems people exerience (Y)

is a wiper seal like the ones in maguras? the ones you can actually see

i think he ment wider??? if not... :"> :S

nope i did mean wiper seal, and yes i believe it is similar to the one on a standard mag lever. The reason the rb levers tend to leak is that dirt can get to the o-rings very easily due to the lack of a wiper seal, where it then works under the seal causing a grinding effect which scores the cylinder, resulting in leakage. The wiper seal keeps all the "crap" away from the o-ring and keeps everything nice and sealed :lol: