Fooked Profile Ggrrrr

Will Arnold

the other day i was riding and my bike was giving me some annoyance, blah blah blah.................... blah........

anyways

i found this.......

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....cmd=si&img=7412

as you can see, the profile is quite royally buggered!

anyone know where i can get new bearings for this?

also how would i go about removing a cog that has been araldited on? :">

Cheers (Y)

Will

Chuffin ell :-

Sorry to steal thread but, do profiles use cogs like a cassette?  (Y)

Just sommat I wanna know. :-"

yer, they use that same idea, except the cogs that are used are different sizes where they attack to the freehub body, also the spline is slightly different...

ta

Will

Bloomin eck Will!

As said above... bearings are no problem :-

Araldited Cog... I suggest boiling the whole freehub body - it'll soften the araldite to the point where it'll fall apart.

Just wondering then, as you say bearings are no problem, if you would be able to have a go at fixing my profile 26" hub. I think it must be the bearings, as i have replaced two of the pawlks and springs already, and i dont think the other two are knackered.

Would this be possible?

cheers

wray

P.S sorry for kinda hijacking the thread (Y)"

he has rogerd it!

it was one o my old hubs and when iv looked at it, he snapped two pawls rode it with them in there the ratchet has chewed up and rekons that he can fix it! i remember breaking a ratchet in my very first profile and when i sent it back they cudnt get the sod out (due to it being stripped) but they wa having none of it being stripped!!!!! but the bearings in profile hubs are absolute DOG SH1T! your best going to your local BEARING SUPPLIER and paying over the odds for them (altho profile charge over the odds for them anyway!) and getting a couple of 6508 2rs bearings or what ever the number is........trust me your better with a PROPER bearing in there instead of some cheap taiwanese OR some stupid american bearing that is only designed to be ridden in dry conditions.........only my opinion though. but trust me iv had like 3-4 profile hubs and i aint had many problems, my first was the rathcet and the only other prob i had was a full set of bearings in a hub that went in like 2weeks!!!!! as i absolutly thrashed about on the bike for a week just doing stupid stuff. but the bearings in my opinion are a tad on small side a bit like isis b/b wrong bearing for the wrong job.

Waynio..............................

Wray dont be a weasel and just use the god damn hope OR lock the profile out and get a front freewheel, at least it puts the wheel to some use (Y) ;) il poss see you tonight on the new steed (Y) (Y)

the bearings on my 8spd mtb hub buggered on the freehub body. Just whacked some more in and its working better than ever now...on someone elses bike. It was time to return to the king for me...

i thought u were sick of your king?

and waynio, my dad gave me the number for my local bearing suppliers(who he deals with) just after i ordered some profile ones, doh!

oh well, i will take better care of there ones, honest :">

cheers for the replies,

Will

he has rogerd it!

it was one o my old hubs and when iv looked at it, he snapped two pawls rode it with them in there the ratchet has chewed up and rekons that he can fix it! i remember breaking a ratchet in my very first profile and when i sent it back they cudnt get the sod out (due to it being stripped) but they wa having none of it being stripped!!!!! but  the bearings in profile hubs are absolute DOG SH1T! your best going to your local BEARING SUPPLIER and paying over the odds for them (altho profile charge over the odds for them anyway!) and getting a couple of 6508 2rs bearings or what ever the number is........trust me your better with a PROPER bearing in there instead of some cheap taiwanese OR some stupid american bearing that is only designed to be ridden in dry conditions.........only my opinion though. but trust me iv had like 3-4 profile hubs and i aint had many problems, my first was the rathcet and the only other prob i had was a full set of bearings in a hub that went in like 2weeks!!!!! as i absolutly thrashed about on the bike for a week just doing stupid stuff. but the bearings in my opinion are a tad on small side a bit like isis b/b wrong bearing for the wrong job.

Waynio..............................

Wray dont be a weasel and just use the god damn hope OR lock the profile out and get a front freewheel, at least it puts the wheel to some use  :P  :P  il poss see you tonight on the new steed  :D  B)

hahaha! Ok maybe it is completely buggered :D"

Not my fault...honest :P

Ooo i'm a weasel now, wow tahts quite cool. I thought you were the weasel, remember, wayneeee wonder weasel :P hahaha! I will most likely get a ENO front freewheel, but i cant afford it 'cos i seem to be spending money too fast... :P"

ah well.

wray