What Would Be A Sensible Upgrade?

Max Quinn

Right i have my T bird, pretty much standard (03 model i think) but with hs33's, and i was thinking of starting to upgrade some of the parts. I was simply wondering what parts i should upgrade (wheels, forks, bars etc...) and what particular parts i should go for. I can't spent squillions right now but could always save and wait if the particular part is expensive and worthwile. What do you all think?

Thanks very much for your time. Max.

What rear wheel would you recommend for not too much? I have also read things about front freewheels when looking and wheels and don't have a clue about any of this, when getting a wheel would i have to make sure it wasn't a front freewheel one?

Thanks, Max.

Edited by rad2themax

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but the t-bird has not got a 19" rear wheel, because of this if it were my bike, I would save my money to be able to get a new frame and rear wheel, only replacing other parts if they break in the mean time. I say this, because in the Mod world, just about all the "better" bikes have a 19" rear wheel, and so you might find your buying other parts for your t-bird which will not fit on your next frame, leaving you with a poor rear wheel with a poor frame, but otherwise top-notch spec...

Thats just what I would do though... :ermm:

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but the t-bird has not got a 19" rear wheel, because of this if it were my bike, I would save my money to be able to get a new frame and rear wheel, only replacing other parts if they break in the mean time. I say this, because in the Mod world, just about all the "better" bikes have a 19" rear wheel, and so you might find your buying other parts for your t-bird which will not fit on your next frame, leaving you with a poor rear wheel with a poor frame, but otherwise top-notch spec...

Thats just what I would do though... :(

The 03 did have a 20" rear wheel, 90% sure.

If this is ture, a frame/rear wheel is the priority. But what i would do personly is sell it, and buy a t-pro. And upgrade that. Rather than faffing with chaing the frame and the rear wheel, and you'll want to both wheels at the same time, and then it would be nice to upgrade the cranks, And you get yourself into a right cofufel. :ermm: :)

Ok i'll measure the wheel later just to make doubly triply sure. I'd rather not sell it and get a new bike however as i only recently(ish) bought it for £60 and put hs33's on it. What frame and rear wheel would people recommend? Is it worth spending alot of money on a koxx or something? I'm not amazing right now ( the complete opposite :S ) but maybe that would be more sensible then buying a cheapish frame and then having to buy yet another one when and if i do get good. What dya all reckon?

Thanks again, Max.

No need for a koxx, you could quite easily get a tpro 4/o5 with headset and bb and a rear wheel for about £100

Then you could ride with the parts from your old frame until they break and upgrade or just buy from the start.

Youd probabably get £60 + for the t bird and rear wheel on here knowing how clever :S" some of these new members are :)

Well the t-bird is a pretty solid bike, but the first thing i would probably upgrade is the rear wheel (or both) for something a bit better, or the freewheel and chain, cranks or possibly bar and stem.

New bike? :S" lol :) Id go for wheels or if not then backwheel.

Cheers,

Joe.

Why replace a lightbulb if it hasn't blown?

But the lightbulb isn't bright enough so you can't read your book very well, a lighter bulb will make it much easier to read.

:S

if the bike has a 20" x 2.5" tyre on its a 19" wheel as it will have a massive depth tyre sidewall, if its one of the 20" x 2.4" it will be the standard 20" wheel.

Waynio......................

id upgrade the cranks,n not worry about putting the freewheel on the front keep it on the back. bars and stem to upgrade?