Got An Idea For Trials-shack?

Simon

naa, £72 I believe a month?  Still, bloody expensive!  Its pure love of the sport and media.. thats how I could justify to myself Simon spending that much on us per month!

Jonny.

Between 60 and 70 depending on exchange rate.

£72 a month? That's over £800 a year for Trials-Shack - Fook.

I say get people to pay for a membership, your costs are far too high and I think that £5 from members is a hell of a small amount of the value of all the videos us cheeky beggars are getting for free.

I think Trials-Shack is absolutely fine the way it is, except for the reviewy bits, I just don't think they're necessary, but I can't say I've ever found a problem with the site and how to use it. Edit: Just read your idea about reviewing, is this a review of Trials-Shack or the Video? Either way I still don't quite see the point of it?

P.S. If people complain at having to pay £5 - it's their loss, and it certainly keeps your costs down as they won't be downloading and raping as much of your bandwidth.

Basically, i've decided im going to code everything in. Including sign-up only downloads, the review bits, as well as other stuff, but turn them all off. So if i do decide to trial it, or wan't to use it down the line, i simply turn the option on. Its a lot more code to do, but worth it in the long run.

Lets see happens in a month or two when i release trials-shack 3 heh :(

Also, royaltrials, its not quite that much. A hit is added everything you hit the Download button, so you could hit the button, click cancel, but thats still a hit. I think it only used around 300/400gb i believe. Theres not really an accurate way to check either.

Could you set up a thing where people donate £1 a month, automaticly, direct debit / standing order (if it wasn't automatic it would put people off). As you would need about 30 people to do this, then thats your bill halfed. Then the money you save could goto other things. I would do that as its only £1 a month, i wouldn't even realise its gone. And there would be pleanty of people willing to partisipate. Then in theroy you wouldn't need to charge people to upload, which i know you dont want.

Worth a thought.

:(

Edited by JT!