Front Freewheel At Last!

STEVE-0

I've been trying to sell my hope wheel for quite a while now and finally decided to change to front freewheel finally (aliteration!) recently because i have a buyer. This took quite alot of work to get my bike to this state although it may not look it but I'm well pleased with the result. The icing on the cake for me is my custom bashring my brother and dad kindly helped make. I love it to pieces, i hope you do too.

Here he is (im not gay)

small3on.th.jpg

My beautiful bashring

steve0038qy.th.jpg

Bash ring 6mm wide + you can see now why i had clearance problems...this is with no freewheel tabs, a 3mm thick Bash at crank and a ground down BB shell!

steve0046gp.th.jpg

crap view

steve0016at.th.jpg

comment please?

That bashring looks very nice from what we can make out of it  :)

Use the macro if your camera has it or if possible could you take a distanced pic of it please?

All looks good, i'm not a fan of the bright red tires though :)

The first pics distant! :lol:

Yea im changing the tires soon alreadly have a 2.6 kenda but its very soft im using it for natural at the moment.

bashring is a tidy bit o work!!

i'd like to try a front freewheel, but with the expense o changin cranks, and gettin me trousers stuck in the chain, i'm gonna have to stick with me hope xc til it goes bang!

anyways, good job, well done

smithy

I didnt have to change cranks you see because i had a screw on bash, haha. And you dont your trousers stuck in the chain because the bash guard prevents it from happening. I think thats a reason for having both bash ring + guard on the mods these days.

Looks quite nice mate, i like the bash :)

I was going to run a front freewheel setup a while back because ive been through quite a few freehub bodies on my hope :"> , however i decided not to because it would cost too much and my hope is holding up for now. Does it work nicely then over a normal hub?

yea its great!

It will be even better when i get my eno. Just need to get the money for my hope. Cant wait!  :)

definetly better way to go, i think!

With the tabs removed from your freewheel, how do you plan on removinf it when you get an ENO?? I just ask because I may be in the same boat here...

how do you get it off without tabs?

jeez...your are a freewheel noob :) ...the way i do it is to cut new tabs! done it on all my freewheels since clearance has always been tight...they still work fine :S

steve took them with my camera....he'll ask me what macro is when he gets home no doubt.. :)"

it does look rather nice....

adam

how do you get it off without tabs?

jeez...your are a freewheel noob  :) ...the way i do it is to cut new tabs! done it on all my freewheels since clearance has always been tight...they still work fine  :S

steve took them with my camera....he'll ask me what macro is when he gets home no doubt.. :)"

it does look rather nice....

adam

Cheers... It's just that my ACS was rubbing on the bb shell and I'd waited long enough for my bb and couldn't be arsed with sending it back and getting a longer one.. so I went all slicey slicey on the ACS's ass... and I might be wantin an ENO at some point

my brother's an engineer, so he just milled most of it out on a milling machine using CAD/CAM. Then my dad just turned it on a lathe to make it round.

Really sorry about the pics guys ill try and get some better 1's today.