Michelin Tire Sizes....

RyanMcVicker

Well I personally have just purchased a 2.2 comp 24.1. I used to use on way back, then got a very bouncy 2.5 hot-s, then I went for the 2.35 maxxis. My friend recently got the 2.2 comp 24.1, and it looks a fair bit wider than the 2.35 maxxis minnion, so I thought i'd give it ago again.

If all you want from a tire is good grip and puncture protection then the 2.2 should be ample. The 2.5 will weigh more, but should be more bouncy.

I would also concider what rim your using before buying. If you are using somthing narrow such as a D521/ EX721 then the 2.2 will not roll as much as the 2.5 would. But, If you have got somthing like a Koxx or Onza rim, the 2.5 might be better.

Hope this has helped.

Alex.

The 2.2" is going to feel pretty low on that rim.. Very stable and 'dead' feeling, will never pinch, but takes some effort fitting it on the rim.

Should last longer than a Maxxis, and flex less.

Jeez, it's like OTN in here!

Hehe, welcome to England (Y)

Tyre wise, i'd never bother running a Michelin Comp 16/24 2.5, it's just too heavy and un necesarally beefy.

A 2.2 is all i'd ever want from a Michelin, though i'd never buy a 2.35 Maxxis, it'd always be a 2.5.

I say go 2.2, save some weight and have better mud clearance.

Good luck!

:wtf: ?

he means that the tyre size (2.1 inches, 2.5 inches, 72.9 inches..etc) relates to the depth of the tyre not it's width.

a 2.5 will be closer to touching the seat tube and the brake bosster than a 2.2 would because it is taller.

go for a 2.5, they're super cool. and from here they're only Ā£20.

linky to cheap tyres

he means that the tyre size (2.1 inches, 2.5 inches, 72.9 inches..etc) relates to the depth of the tyre not it's width.

a 2.5 will be closer to touching the seat tube and the brake bosster than a 2.2 would because it is taller.

go for a 2.5, they're super cool. and from here they're only Ā£20.

linky to cheap tyres

cheers for that im not always good at explaining things :blink: