My Freeride Bike

Shaun H

Hi all,

Just wanted some opinions on my almost finished freeride bike. Been getting it to a spec I like for ages now and it's beggining to look good :P"

Anyway here's a few pics

Side view

coilertfpic12er.gif

Front view

coilertfpic25hz.gif

Rear view, that's where most riders are looking if they're riding with me :D :P"

coilertfpic35tj.gif

And finally the cockpit :S

coilertfpic46xn.gif

Spec:

Kona Coiler Dee-Lux frame (Vanilla RC shock)

Marzocchi Z1 Freeride forks

Cane Creek S2 headset

XT hubs with X321 rear rim and X317 front rim

XT 4 pot disc brakes (immenseness)

XT shifters

XT Hollowtech 2 cranks

LX front and rear mechs

IRD seatpost

WTB Power V saddle

Kona Stem

Azonic Doublewall risers

Lizard skinz grips

Panaracer Fire DH front and XC rear tyres

Things I'm looking to change/upgrade in the future is the front wheel, rear hub and I want some nice Maxxis High Rollers on there (Y)

lower the seat, pull back your handlebars (its not a trials bike) and change the seat angle to 90 degrees with the seat post. apart from that -its nice! (Y)

The seat doesn't need lowering, it's a freeride bike they all are sopposed to have the seat high. Bit i have to agree i would have them bars back abit but i soppose it probably his style he likes :P" Also the seat needs to stay like it is because its not a DJ bike you need to have the seat on 180 degree angle like it is.

Anywayyy... Nice bike i should be getting a new FR bike soon :P

cool ride dude, but are those panaracer 2.4 tyres?? if so, out of experience i can tell you that your going to be putting in twice the effort than usual! those things and soo soft and sticky, Far too much friction for freeride. I personally dont even like them for downhill! they're that slow. Maybe some high rollers (of the harder compound!?) or michellins?

anyhoo, the colour scheme works well. I like it, think i might have to post up some of my other bikes on here too.... (Y)

stick it on the mbuk forum and see what they're opinions are...

looks tasty  :D  ;)  the only thing letting it down are the tyres  :-  i wish i had money for a freeride bike, ther's loadsa stuff here to ride!!

Well not sure about the tyres atm, but I don't think they look *that* bad :("

As for money you wouldn't belive how hard I've worked to get the bike to this standard lol. I was riding a 15" Univega til September when I bought this frame, it's all been worth it though. If you're short on cash just buy something relatively cheap like a norco hardtail that'd sort you out. Or go 2nd hand (dunno how hard that is in Spain though lol :lol:

i think the tyres look great its just the bar and stem that look

If you see it in the flesh you'd see how they match the fork stanchions and crowns perfectly. Although I will be getting a new stem because I don't like the massive rise on it.

lower the seat, pull back your handlebars (its not a trials bike) and change the seat angle to 90 degrees with the seat post. apart from that -its nice! (Y)

I like the seat relatively high as I use it to control the bike alot, some DHers have theirs even higher than that! It's even higher when I'm going *up* the hills lol. As for handlebars that's the angle I'm currently feeling most comfortable with, will have an experiment in a while though.

cool ride dude, but are those panaracer 2.4 tyres?? if so, out of experience i can tell you that your going to be putting in twice the effort than usual! those things and soo soft and sticky, Far too much friction for freeride. I personally dont even like them for downhill! they're that slow. Maybe some high rollers (of the harder compound!?) or michellins?

I haven't noticed to be honest, even going from the Fire XCs to the DHs lol. Will probably change to some Maxxis single plys in the summer though.

yea nice mate, I love the look of the dee-lux's!

I Prefere the ride of the normal coiler for some strange reason but that looks awesome!

Bring on the stab supreme!

Aaron.

Haha, they're the exact same frame only different shocks :P

There's a couple of stab supremes that ride in the same trails in me, rather tasty really :("