Memory, And Revision Etc.

Pork Pie

OK, so it's that time of year, where all the exams are just around the corner. And it seems some of us have really been lazy this year, and have fallen so far behind because of thinking we can get away with it until later (Y) We've had all these talks and stuff about revision techniques and stuff, but it's at the stage now (and I'm sure lots of others feel the same way) where I don't actually care about properly 'learning' the stuff I need to know, I just need to memorise it til next Tuesday.

I feel like such an idiot for turning to an internet forum for revision advice, but you know, only certain techniques work for people.

So basically, what I'd be interested to know about is techniques that we can use just to learn something off by heart by next Tuesday. Has anyone got any super dooper techniques that they found worked very well?

Err, yeah, don't really know what to say, but any techniques you have would be much appreciated.

Probably rambled on a lot there.

Ta,

Dave

Lock yourself in a room and red it over and over.

I dunno I find that if i revise to early I forget what I revised first and remember only what I did in past few days. Using BiteSize is a good idea, or doing it with mates. If you have fun doing it your more likly to remember.

My geography teacher made us make board games with questions on. Becuase we were having fun whilst playing we were also revising and we didnt notice as much, and Ive remembered alot moe this way as it wasnt boring.

What are you revising for?

For gcse its pretty easy just to memorise stuff, excluding maths, physics, etc. where you need to know how to do a certain equation etc., but you could easily pass all of your exams with a weeks revision.

Am sure he is a bit old for GCSE's (Y) but eerr yer revise for an hour and then take a 10 min break then go back revising then after a week go over it again briefly and it should stick to your head. Well that's what the T's said.

Im doing my uni finals.

I have 4 exams this week one day after the other.

I did some revision over the holidays but it wasnt foucused enough, now Im spending most of this week in a room somewhere on campus revising away.

Got another exam at 2pm today and im just baout ready for it.

Then I get orried as i have half a day to revie for my worst subject and that means oh dear trouble, so its red bull in that random room again revising.

Then theres Friday and another exam so thankfully I can go an all nighter as its my last one this week and for another 10days.

Revise in small gruops talk and discuss things it sure as hell works. Thats what Friday exam will be room few friends work, notes, talk, discuss, play around all night into the early hours of the morning.

Oh one more thing check the room your in we found out we were locked in last night so an escape through the wndow was needed.

Don't get distracted by Trials-Forum all day.  In fact, if you're anything like me, you'll need to unplug your computer if you're gonna get any work done ;)

Good point and on that note Ill whisk myself away to the exam room, oh and libraries are bad, too many rules, too quiet, to dead, too boring

Good point and on that note Ill whisk myself away to the exam room, oh and libraries are bad, too many rules, too quiet, to dead, too boring

I like being at home so I can have coffee breaks, can't do that at the library. Although I've run out of coffee ;) As you can see, I'm still not revising.

the way i find easiest to revise is to go into my room , shut the door, turn music on slightly and right down the information that i need to learn. like copy it so you understand it then just simply read over it. works for me try it out :lol: ;)

my technique is to read through chapters and topics and get the main points onto paper in the form of a mind map. I find using colour, images and patterns makes it easier to associate stuff and remember things. Once you remember the main points of the topic that are listed on the mind map it should be easier to remember more detail that you have read up on in the chapters (but not had space to include in the map) I used this for all my A-level subjects and got good grades, so im using it this year for my degree. Might work for you might not.

Random Example found off Google....

retriement_speech_3.jpg

I'm rubbish at revising, and as soon as i have a test i forget most things anyway, i panic way too much ;) I'm doing my SAT's this week and i know they aren't that important but we have loads of pressure on us! I use bbc Bitesize (Y) and just try and re- read some of my old work.

Kerrie. xXx Good luck with whatever exams everyone is/ wll be doing aswell :lol:

Yeah, our school totally piles the pressure on us....and after a whole week of exams, we have only got 1 left!! Phew...long week.... :P

Good luck with any exams you lot have coming up by the way, Liss xxxx