Www.curtisbikes.co.uk - New

boon racoon

Quite a funky site you have put together there, very plain which is a good thing makes it easier to navigate around, in my opion I think that your should have a certain page for trials as you have two frames out not which is the T1 and your Boon signature frame ( I think ), you should have lots of pictures and information about them just a thought. :- Maybe a little video too.

Gaz (Y)"

Still looking at your site it might just be me but some of the links are not working and when you hover over the pictures to click the link it doesn't come up with what you are goin on.

Edited by gazmaz03

Hmm, was looking for something a little more awe-inspiring. Sorry to slag all these new sites off, but they're not really doing anything for me (Y) - Suppose the same could be said for my website at the moment hahaha!

Maybe they could consider changing it again? Perhaps some streaming Flash MX video in there, I saw you filming at the JIBJAM Matt :S

Jonny.

Hmm, was looking for something a little more awe-inspiring.  Sorry to slag all these new sites off, but they're not really doing anything for me :)

Maybe they could consider changing it again?  Perhaps some streaming Flash MX video in there, I saw you filming at the JIBJAM Matt (N)

change it again? lol. i've just spent about a month re-doing it from what it was, to that (yes..i made it all) gary is a luddite with computers and already bummed the v1 site (which i also made..but didn't like after a while) and he bums this one even more haha. i changed it because i got bored and wanted to make it look more professional and easier to update in future, which it is.

as far as sites go..i suppose i share a different view. i don't like sites with bits and bobs everywhere, flash and all this other bollocks. i'm also very against using frames in a website. i like simple. people can go on, it loads fairly fast and see exatly what they want right there on the page. for a small bike company do you really need a lot else? that's all i'm thinking. even if i did have the know-how to make a site look totally amazing and blow everything else out of the water - i dont't get paid enough and gary wouldn't want to pay for something over flashy when it's not really required IMO. like i said..people go on to look at the frames and stuff, and all the info is down there nice and simple (or so i hope)

i hope that doesn't sound bitchy, cos it really isn't. thats just my view.

ye lol jonny i did film loads at the jimjam and bikeshow. i was gonna put up a load of 30 second videos for people to download but my camera is broken now so i can't capture any footage to make them.

change it again? lol. i've just spent about a month re-doing it from what it was, to that (yes..i made it all) gary is a luddite with computers and already bummed the v1 site (which i also made..but didn't like after a while) and he bums this one even more haha. i changed it because i got bored and wanted to make it look more professional and easier to update in future, which it is.

as far as sites go..i suppose i share a different view. i don't like sites with bits and bobs everywhere, flash and all this other bollocks. i'm also very against using frames in a website. i like simple. people can go on, it loads fairly fast and see exatly what they want right there on the page. for a small bike company do you really need a lot else? that's all i'm thinking. even if i did have the know-how to make a site look totally amazing and blow everything else out of the water - i dont't get paid enough and gary wouldn't want to pay for something over flashy when it's not really required IMO. like i said..people go on to look at the frames and stuff, and all the info is down there nice and simple (or so i hope)

i hope that doesn't sound bitchy, cos it really isn't. thats just my view.

ye lol jonny i did film loads at the jimjam and bikeshow. i was gonna put up a load of 30 second videos for people to download but my camera is broken now so i can't capture any footage to make them.

Good man! Over-complicated sites are just a pain in the neck really, nice and simple with a direct, intuitive route to the information is what you want. The Curtis site is pretty good for this really, although I'd probably be rid of the splash screen. A few of the pages I glanced at could do with proof reading/neatening up as well - some grammatical and typing errors and most of the frame pages I looked at seem to have a spurious line of whitespace near the bottom of the first picture; it's all fairly minor issues though.

Totally :P Yea fair enough Matt, it always depends on the requirements of the site, I just wasn't sure what direction you had to head in with the site. If it has all your needs, then you're on to a winner! It is indeed easy to use and if its piss to update, then awesome! Sucks about your camera though, check http://www.ebuyer.com for a new camera, could bag a bargain! :S

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia