My White Monty 221

SQuiT-man

Hi!

Well I thought its about time I posted some pics of my new bike.

The frame was courtesy of Bongo (his old frame- the only white 221 ive ever seen)

The forks and front rim are viz (its built onto an american classics hub, recieved today from Tart)

The stem is zoo

The bars are Planet-X goliath pros (I havent seen many people use these either- I have the 28" wide 275g ones), perhaps soon to be onza carbon risers

Cranks- monty

Tyres- Maxxis Creepy crawlers

Rear wheel- my t-pro one, with a front ACS Claws, soon to be a rear profile hopefully...

small2215id.th.jpg

small22121xi.th.jpg

mmm red anodised pimp touches (and gold pimp lever lol. cheers kerley!)

small22135ym.th.jpg

small22144mm.th.jpg

What do you all think?

Feel free to post any comments.

Thanks for looking,

Scott

Yeh lol! They came off my stock, Ive had them for ages and loved them. Im surprised no1 else bought any, they are very nice bars, and very lightweight too. Its weird, when I bought them I was expecting some heavyweight DH bars, but they came through my door not only in a different colour (silver instead of black or whatever they normally are), but weighining in really light... I think looking at their website now they might now be called "X-force 31.8" bars... weird

Anyway thanks for the replies and keep them coming!

Thanks a lot guys for all your comments!

Yeh Im hoping to get a red rear profile soon, probably on a black onza hog rim (basically a koxx rim/viz rim, but in black). So that should blend in a bit better and make it ride sweeter. Then there will be onza carbon risers, foam grips etc..

black onza hog rim (basically a koxx rim/viz rim, but in black)

Emmmm no it's no... they are nothing a like when it comes to colours, looks and most of all strength!... Koxx and Viz rims are utter cheese compared to the Onza rims + the Koxx/Viz rims come in rather tacky colours :- (Y)

Sweet bike though mate... but I agree with Dave, get a grind on that front rim :D :)

Watson

Emmmm no it's no... they are nothing a like when it comes to colours, looks and most of all strength!... Koxx and Viz rims are utter cheese compared to the Onza rims + the Koxx/Viz rims come in rather tacky colours :S  (Y)

Sweet bike though mate... but I agree with Dave, get a grind on that front rim :-  :(

Watson

think you might have the wrong end of the stick the onza hog rim is a koxx/viz rim.

think you might have the wrong end of the stick the onza hog rim is a koxx/viz rim.

Thats what I thought, but I didnt want to say anything. They are exactly the same rim, same cheese metal and everything, just the viz and onza rims are eyeletted, whereas the koxx are not, and the colours- the onza hog only comes in black I think. Oh yeh and the latest viz rims have hexagonal holes (dont look quite as good in my opinion) and a groove in the side for braking, dont know if koxx and onza have that yet..