Problem Building My Front Wheel.

Trials Punk

I have tensioned them so that the spokes move 0.5cm. But the threads on some spokes are still showing on the right hand side. About 2-3 threads. Will this be a problem on the front? What about the rear?

And is half a cm movement for each spoke about the right tension?

Cheers for any help.

The right hand side spokes are 2mm too short.

Its not ideal, but might be ok. More chance of it dying on the rear than the front.

Half a cm movement? Depends what rim, which spokes, and how much force you're applying to the spokes (basically, we cant tell, sorry).

Sorrying for stealing the topic, but i built my mates front wheel; laced correctly, right size spokes, everything hunky dory, but theres a nasty high spot which wont go away. Basically, no matter how tight the spokes are, the spot just will not go. Any idea whats wrong?

Ye most local bike shop suck... If I have to use one I just ask if I can borrow their tools.  :(

U like doing that dont you :-

when ever you appear at work i can garentee that you want to borrow/use something :S

BTW if you took the wheel to the shop fully built and with good spokes and nipples they should only have to true/unbuild the wheel. If it hasnt been done yet id recomend trying elsewhere (Y)

Well, the nipples were fine when i built it, spinny smoothly, but it was taken to the lbs, where they fiddled, and couldnt do anything, so maybe they screwed the nipples.  :D

Lube it is next time  :S

I might have taken that the wrong way but if they fiddled and messed it up then you shouldn't have had to pay for them to fix it. It's the same rule as shops apply when your shopping.

"you break it, you buy it! :( "

£17 is a mighty skank. my local shop did my rear wheel with black dt swiss double butted spokes and built it up for me at a charge of £14. This wheel has lasted nearly six months and has only been re-trued once (a week after it was built so the spokes weren't loose). so....

spokes and wheel build for £14. :)

Trueing/tweaking for £17 :-

kind of a difference hey? (Y)