Dj Momorial Ride

This couldnt have been a better ride.

Day starts, 11am, Guild Hall Square in the pouring rain.

No one seemed to down harted, as almost everyone was still riding.

The usuall warm ups and slips on wet walls. We then Move in for the Group Photo.

After that, more riding in the wet. A few of us move just aournd the corner to a small wall/ledge under the bridge. Brendan tries to Pick the wall, but his Race Face cranks snap, and he chins the wall, need 4 stiches. Great thanks to Andy P for all the driving he did.

We wait around at this ledge for about 2 hours, and almost every riders ends up down there. Very small spcae, lots of riders.

So after we have sorted out Brendan, hes at Hospital, and his bike is safe in Andys Car, we move on to a set of flower boxes on some grass.

Sidehops, picks, gaps, everyone is enjoying themselfs. Poor old Hobbsie stacks and hurts his leg trying something strange, im sure he didnt even know what was going on.

Scott Pitcher does a very impressive Gap, to pick and its not small. Starting on a kurb sized wall, and gapingabout 4ft to a 3ft wall, and picking it.

Matt Stapples doing some funky spin gaps, and some Large sidehops were the order.

Dan Climbing trees aswell.

We move on to a block of flats, we again, scott impresses all with a sidehope from a concrete pipe to a large wall, 2 wheeled.

Everyone is Gapping and having a laugh. Brendan Returns from hospital.

Next place, the historic dock yard, where there are some anchors and walls.

ride there for a while then we all meet up un the seafront for the 2 minutes scilence.

After Paying our respects, we begin to ride again. Matt stapples doing a large static gap to a rail, Tim and Jon going off on a sign, and all sorts of moves.

Brendan leaves us at this point, to go and buy cranks.

We move to the harbour station, were there is a nie wall, and some more gaps.

A large crowd of foreign students cheering on as Jon Shrewsbury, Matt stapples, and Scott large it up.

Next stop is The seafront, where brendan returns, and we all have a bit of a chilled ride on some small blocks.

Moved on to spice Island, where Andy P, Nick Manning, Matt Stapples, Scott Pitcher, Andy Chai are backwheeling a nice large gate post. Everyone is gapping and droping, and still enjoying themselfs.

Moved on to the "saluting platform" where Fletch is doing an insane rail drop, and going bigger each time.

Matt is hooking some large walls, and there are more gaps than a, errrr, place with alot of gaps.

Charlie has a nasty stack, which costs him the use of a finger, a chain, and a front wheel.

We go on to more hooking and throwing stones at posts.

Next, the much needed stop at subway. Lots of food consumed.

Moving on to the Pyramids Jon seem like a kid in a candy store. He cant stop finding lines, and nailing them.

the night is drwaing to a close, its about 9.30pm, and Nick, Matt, Bren, Tim and Fletch are hooking a massive wall.

almost everyone nails the 54" hook, but no, thats not good enough, Nick has to go and backwheel it.......

then to take the piss more, he almost backwheels 56".

We move on to Johns house for beer and merryment.

Within moments of arriving, chai is passed out on the floor, and Jon is riding drunk.

Then Matt has the good idea of trashing my car with his bike.

Tim falls of his bike, and he wasnt even drinking.

The rest of the night is filled with laughter, jokes, throwing cans at chai, covering his face in stickers and shaving his head.

so well decide that at about 3am Andy Chai isnto going to wake up whatever we do, and we have run out of things to throw at him, so everyone drifts off to sleep.

In the morning, we have a "healthy" breakfast, which for Matt, Andy, Simon and a few others, consisted of Doughnuts and coke.

All in all, a rather amusing day

Thanks to:

Andy P

Charlotte, for use of her car,

Jon Chubb, for use of his crib

All the riders for coming, and making this a good day.

Most of all,

Rest In Peace DJ, you are allways in our thoughts, you shall never be forgotton.......

Edited by trials_pimp

twas a great ride.....

havent been on anything so good..... for as long as i can remember!

shame i didnt ride so much - but i got some good clips n pics. got a real nice video of us all as i did a ride-by video of everyone.

ill try get em up soon.

next big ride peoples?

Rip dj x

Hi all.

I would just like to thank everyone that came down and made this the kinda ride it should be. THANKS TO EVERYONE! Really, you guys are what made it happen.

Sorry the after ride party wasn't as good as first hoped... Bloody DJ didn't want to play cause there were too many bikes in the garage or summit????? :lol:

Still, it all went well, and as far as I am aware, no-one got too badly hurt, and everyone enjoyed the ride despite the weather...

Until the next big ride I organise, have fun and ride safe guys and girls.....

Maybe the Island will be the next location for a big ride, or maybe even something that Lee and Brendan mentioned this morning will be the next one... B)"

Cheers again. Jon.

Holy shit. Best weekend evererer ?? haha. Chai and myslef rode f**ken aweful, and both have multi rape wounds on our legs. I think everyone owes Jon a massive thanks for organising such an awesome weekend, to honour the memory of such and awesome guy. :P John S and Tim P were by far the riders of the day, and were two amazing guys. Lee is hilarious B) hahaha and his car is cool :lol: .

Saving for my Leeson 24'' begins as of now :lol:

Blame John and Tim.

loveyoubye.

Without a doubt the best ride I've been on so far. It's great to know that so many people cared enough to come along and show their support, there were fluffy bunnies everywhere.

It's a shame the weather started out so poorly but it sure as hell didn't dampen anyone's spirits for the day, when things cleared up a bit the ride got so much better. I reckon the highlight was probably Matt's skin wedged into his brake lever, lmao that was hideous.

I was disappointed that I couldn't make it to the party, I'd completely forgotten I had family over for the weekend so I had to get home. I said bye but I don't think anyone heard me (as Nick decided to go backwheeling a 53" wall - nutter!).

Would definately do it again, so much looking forward to next year :lol: