Audio Experts...

MadManMike

Right,

I'm buying large speakers, which are "Speakon" connectors.

Will I be able to use these with my Technics amp? My Technics amp you just feed the bare wire into the black and red ports...

If I need a converter, will this mess the sound up?

Any help much appreciated!

What's the impedance on the amp? If it's within the speakers' range, you will be able to bodge I reckon. Although I don't really know. But I would have thought that big speakers would have a greater impedance and would be incompatible even if they could be physically wired up.

speakon connectors are for higher output systems or ones that are dismantled frequently, i.e connecting/ disconnecting on a regular basis. by the sound of it you will need to get the other part of the connector if it doesnt come with the speakers themselves,

it wont mess the sound up at all, im sure they have been designed with minimal loss of sound quality ( if you believe in all that about resitance across terminals and loss of clarity etc)

should be fine mate, sounds like youll haave to attach the speakon connector to the cable then into the speaker,

hth

alex

Speakon fitments are like a plastic clip in fitment for heavy duty use and high output speakers. They are like big plastic cable ends which clip into the input really securely and need you to pull a little catch to get them out.

You can wire up standard speaker leads to them no problem ans they will be fine. You needn't worry at all.

You can even buy speakon to bare wire leads :mellow:

Speaker_Lead_Speakon.jpg

I'd put that site as a favorites it's got absolutely everything you could need really.

James