Koxx Try All

Ducko

should i upgrade to try all risers?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. should i upgrade to try all risers?

• yes
    • no

hey guys,

i currently run the standard try all bars i was wondering what the advantages of the rider bars are and if they would be better suited for me (small,natural rider)

thanks any information is helpful

craig >_<

Whenever I've ridden a bike with try-all bars (I've never owned any, but I do know what I'm on about) they've felt very flexy, not confidence inspiring at all. But that may just be relative to my bars which I swear someone borrowed off a tank...

Ben >_<

Carbon risers all the way, thats my opinion.

Easy. I moved from Monty's, to Try-alls, and now Onza Carbons. I couldn't feel the flex when I moved from Montys to Try-alls, but when I moved from them to Onza's, you can tell the other, non-carbons ( :) ) are so flexy. It's hard to explain why the Carbons are so good really, but they are :)" Very comfortable, the perfect width for me, Stiff in comparison, look good :">

Seriously though, personally, the carbons worked the best for me out of all the above :P

Don't know what you're talking about Mark (Y)"

Edited by Dave Gill

I'd recomed them if your a small natural rider, because they are riser they stop you hitting your chest on the stem so easy on steep stuff. They obviously be a little more stiff than normal ones because they hav a wider clamp diameter. But if your bars flex its not the end of the world, think who uses the ''flexy' bars.

Easy. I moved from Monty's, to Try-alls, and now Onza Carbons. I couldn't feel the flex when I moved from Montys to Try-alls, but when I moved from them to Onza's, you can tell there so flexy.

I'm guessing you don't mean the Onza's are flexy? Certainly aren't :) The Onza's are great bars, they just feel perfect. Top stuff :) Nice sweep, width and rise, really. All good.

I'm guessing you don't mean the Onza's are flexy?  Certainly aren't :)  The Onza's are great bars, they just feel perfect.  Top stuff :)  Nice sweep, width and rise, really.  All good.

Couldn't have said it better my self, Totally agree

Flex is not a good thing in bars cos its not controled or safe. But spring in a bar is soooo sweet. It means your wrist dont snap on big taps or drops. Also the legs dont seem to wack the bars. with my bars a bouncy boost is the best way I can describe what happens. I can feel safe in my bar because the nature of the alu it uses will bend rather than snap.

Ducko :) Try-all bars are one of the best in shape and geo. But I ve got a new fav bar :)

because the nature of the alu it uses will bend rather than snap.

eh? the way i understood it was alu didn't flex it just cracked and snapped where as steel/ti flexed before dieing. thats why steel jump frames are so much nicer to ride than alu ones...

i'd go for the zoo's myslef (as i have done...)

The normal low rise bars are erm weak to say the least. I had them for 3 months and cracked them and I wasnt even going big. They flexed alot although I have found one thing they are good at.

Being a 30" extender for tools, extra leverage, who needs a torque wrench when you can use old Koxx bars. Go get some Zoo! bars or something. Be a better way to spend money IMO. I run pazzaz bars and love them so either Zoo or Pazzaz/Onza.

eh? the way i understood it was alu didn't flex it just cracked and snapped where as steel/ti flexed before dieing.  thats why steel jump frames are so much nicer to ride than alu ones...

i'd go for the zoo's myslef (as i have done...)

Its not just the material which determines how a bar will fail but the shape too. a good thick light light weight material is best in a bar for trials. keep steel for bmx, but i recon a ti bar would be cool to try.

adaam