Saddles

pashley pro

hi there, im kind of getting sick of my mini seat and am considering putting a full size seat on but dont know which to use i want something that is light comfy and not ridiuculously expensive so what would you all reccomend i will even buy one second hand if you selling one. Thanks

Different people find different saddles comfy, I suggest you go to a bike shop with many different XC bikes and have a wee sit on them. That way you'll get a feel for what you like. Then you can make a better decision. :huh:

Seat wise I like this the most;

Odyssey MX seat: I like this seat becuase it retains the looks of xc racing seats, while still maintaining comfort, strength etc. It is also pretty cheap at £20.

But, some people prefer this seat, I like them both;

Shadow Conspiracy Slim seat: This seat is a bit more bmx style, but still sleek etc. It is also a bargain at £22. You can also get different coloured stitching...which is nice.

Overall those are generally cheap seats, but if you want to go for a bit of big pimpin' try out a Macneil Seat and Post combo with a Macneil SL seat. Its super light, but pretty expensive for what it is.

I have a DMR jump seat but ............... i ripped the padding off it, its not like on a trials bike it gets used that often, its reasonably comfy to plonk my arse on if its really needed.

just get a cheapish, slim profile saddle rip the padding off and use that, i say never really noticed much difference, as you can buy saddles in the same style for use on road bikes except there carbon jobbies, but on a trials bke you hardly need the comfort.

Soencer

Try and get hold of one of those really oldschool all plastic BMX seats, there amazingly cool! If I had a steat post I'd put one on my bike.

One of there jobbies:

peregrine_seats.jpg
Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

specialized body geo's are nice and so are the

new tioga ones

mike

These tioga seats are real nice i saw them at the bike show on a revell.

If you still have that megamo the black and white colour would go with your frames paint job.

Also i wouldnt bother with the bmx seats they are nice when on a bmx but imo they dont look right on trials bikes.