Please Help !

Ben Geary

well the problem is that i've just got some new evo mounts and they wont go on with out the mounts being set up to the side, they look really dodgy and i want them to be straight not all over the place like they are at the minute so i was wondering iff you could help me out. im running rim jam pads what are new, mavic d521, and i have a saracen mad o4 frame.

please HELP !!

thanks,

ben

Edited by Gears

put the elbow such that it touches against the stay when the mount is upright....if you do that- you'll have the push the pistons in further (and the mount will be straighter).

Perhaps your pads are too worn to get them near enough without "tilting" the mount...i don't suppose the narrow rim helps :huh:

adam

I understand what you mean as i had trouble on my old planet x zebdi frame with evo mounts and a d521, all you can do is to make sure the wheel is sat perfectly true in the frame then fit the mounts on loosely with the calipers in them and line one side up (the side that the booster bolts onto) so that the pad is perfectly square to the rim and about a mm away, the easy way to do this is to snap an old cd in half and place it between the pad and rim, then push the caliper onto the cd to keep the aligment square, then move the mounts so that they are straight up. Also check that the plastic elbows are against the frame. Tighten the bolts now and repeat for the other side. Your brake should be square and straight now. :huh:

yes i was just about to ask about boosters to fit a saracen mad o4, ohhh and yeh evo mounts are crap and they flex like silly string lol.

Yep i have them on the front but this time next week i will be running a hope mini :) so i wont have to bother with them silly mounts the flex loads (Y)

I wont be getting a frame or forks with them mounts agian unless i am running disc on it.

Yep i have them on the front but this time next week i will be running a hope mini  :S so i wont have to bother with them silly mounts the flex loads  (Y)

whose would that be :)" he he,boosters, well magura boosters do a fine job as i told you on msn ben, then xtr carbon boosters are rather speacial too but they fit onto the post mounts so you still need to run a magura booster