British World Round

Team Ashton

I really want to get there Wayne, just trying to fix a few show dates this week to free up the Sunday, i have heard though that MTB is on Saturday (which i definitely can't make) if i can sort the Sunday then i might have to comp it up on a 20-inch for the first time in 10 years. Whatever, i am doing my best to come and be part of it. Wow me on a 20-inch, that really would be comedy worth seeing, i stopped riding them for good reason!

Martyn.

was it anything to do with being fat? :)"

just joking :P

hey thats cheeky :P hehe.

he stopped probably due to 20" having small wheels :P

ye would be great to see you up there 26" or 20" mart it really wouldnt matter to me! it would just be great seeing one of my fave riders up there!!!!i answered a question of late and couldnt mention your name due to it not being confirmed that you would participate! but yours would have been top of the list. Top bloke!!!!

Waynio........................

ye more and more people we get to help the smoother the event will go and you will be doing the whole Bike Trial sport good and supporting it too. Hopefully for us to be able to hold another one the year after :) :P" :)

i'll be definatley coming to watch with probably a couple of mates, cant wait! :P

awww dont be mean to martyn, its got nothing to do with him bein fat, its cause hes old :)

lol just kiddin, hes still one of the best rider this country has :)

i would love to see him up there on a mod too!

Edited by chrishayton

i personally hope that this event will get more riders into the natural and competition side of trials as i feel it is decreasing at the mo'.

as for riders i hope all the british team do well and kick some arse, i would be riding myself but as always i cant afford it 

craig that 1st paragraph i couldnt agree with you more on!!!!!!!we need the competition trials scene alot bigger in this country to do numerous things for the sport. SUCH as getting it more recognised and possibility of getting TV coverage like the porthcawl trophy did!!! this will then when your all out street riding not get told to stop doing something thats dangering other members of the public as most police and people who stop you and bollok you think you are just a thug and a danger to society!!!!! when we know were not!

waynio...................

the more people see it the more they will appreciate and watch it with respect and not a poor attitude towards us.........just my opinion on the matter.

as said the other main problem is affording these events especially for small 17 year old boys called craig who have to travel from wales :)

i had to ride the last tykes with no insurance as i had problem with that :"> woops.

im not sure what licenses id need to enter the world round? also if anyone knows how much they cost etc :)

bottom line: anyone who has never been to a trial competition before i think maybe attend a tykes or ymsa round and see how yo like it? there great fun i think and test your riding ability well :P

as said the other main problem is affording these events especially for small 17 year old boys called craig who have to travel from wales :P

i had to ride the last tykes with no insurance as i had problem with that :"> woops.

im not sure what licenses id need to enter the world round? also if anyone knows how much they cost etc :)

bottom line: anyone who has never been to a trial competition before i think maybe attend a tykes or ymsa round and see how yo like it? there great fun i think and test your riding ability well :)

You need an ACU license and a BIU license :P Both are £10

i think it would be great IF all of the brit riders riding there could go up there one day or for a few days and chill out together and really get into the swing of getting along with each other and having a blast. even loads of other people coming too just to get in the trials mood and see how big this event organised by Barbara Wright and Co.

i got asked a question yesterday by someone and was extrmly like "i wish i could" and the response was " you really could!" iv been out with ben savage a couple of times and have to admire how he will set out a few sections and ride them under 2 minutes every time and as clean as possible, that sort of commitment just makes me even more thirsty to ride the Cyclo trials sport!!!!!

Waynio.......................

i even think with it being brought up on this forum by one of i think nearly everyones favourite or idol rider that it will hopefully encourage alot more people to turn up to the event to support the UK riders.

i think guessing the uk rider list as were allowed 40, would maybe be:

Akrigg

Hawzee

Ashton???? come on mart we all want to see you there too!!!well i really would.

Ben Savage

Ben Slinger

Jordi Cook

Gav Bedford

Andrei Burton

Peter Rew

Matt Scriven

Scott Robbens

Jordan Tagg

Chris Light

Chris Leeson

Barry Huskin

Rick Eyre

Chris Walker

Danny Butler??? i know he has been doing the BIU british rounds????may be he'll do world rounds too?

Ali C

Aust Wright

Rob Poyzer

Danny Smith?

Aran Cook?

Ste Petty

The 2 Morgans

Young lad who rides for revell (forgot his name)

who off here does the british rounds??? and did them last year and got good results? as there the people that are popping into my head....who else is wanting to do it too?

i would love to do the world round in england and the others in spain andorra etc etc, but just lack the funds for the abroad rounds, wouldnt mind saving to be able to afford to go next year though.

i think if you look at the list and some of the british talent in that list could easily be a winner especially on home soil.

Waynio..........................

dont forget mee

Barbara really wants me to ride.. and i think i'd be missing out on a hell of alot if i didnt go :P plus Lois wont be bored and be a likkle team of girls for the UK :)

any local train stations / accomadation? as its near my birthday and i'd like to make a long weekend out of it (Y)

yer like a said before skipton station is closest to where everybody is camping. silsden and steeton is closest to addingham. not sure if you can camp at the auiction mart? if not there is a travel lodge bout 100m further down the road. also there are loads of B&B's in skipton but being summer quite a few will be fairly full.

• 1 month later...

you probably could joe :shifty:

if people are struggling to get upto the event from skipton LET ME KNOW!!!!iv got a mahoosive van and people can sit or party in the back while we drive up there.

i must know a good few days before hand though or i wont call at the auction mart or meet people in a sensible place to pick people up. for example if people werent at the Auction mart i could meet you all near the train station? or at the bus station?

its all feesable as long as people know who i am to pick up and times etc etc. it may have to be early as i need to be up there at like 7.30 maybe????

Waynio.......................

ye it was Chris Doney the name i was looking for all those weeks ago :P

Can we take our bikes then? i Mean would we be able to ride them while the competition is going on? Surely there will be some spare rocks to play on!

Cheers,

Joe.

sure bring as many people and bikes as you can and show your support our sport at world level on home turf.

sure bring as many people and bikes as you can and show your support our sport at world level on home turf.

No your not allowed to take bikes.

If you aren't riding in the comp and are just spectating, it isn't advisable to bring your bike - you won't be allowed to ride it!

bit crap, was lookin forward to that  :P surely there will be some rocks to play on addingham is huge

I don't think you realise just how BIG this event is - we're even going into the next field for sections !!!

200 riders

28 sections

128 observers/time-keepers

3 on "start" team

5 on "results" team

4 parking attendents

2 on entry gate

Trade stands, technical control, hot and cold food, there's at least 4 official photographers coming along, and hopefully a video team. The list goes on!

Riders include:

MICHAEL Hampel Germany

TERAI Kazuki Japan

BARTAK Peter Slovak

ROS Benito Spain

CANAS Cesar Spain

COMAS Dani Spain

LEZETA Iker Spain

DE LA PENA Juan D. Spain

GUTIERREZ Raul Spain

DIAZ Carles Spain

ALONSO Javier Spain

SAVAGE Ben UK

HYLAND James UK

CIHACEK Vlastislav Czech

HUSINECKY Ivo Czech

HOLLMANN David Czech

SIMUNEK Martin Czech

POSPISIL Milos Czech

CHVOJKA Roman Czech

HERMANCE Vincent France

REMY Morgan France

ACHIM Steinert Germany

SIDLIK Jan Slovak

PCOLA Stefab Slovak

GOMEZ Alberto Spain

AKRIGG Chris UK

HAWYES Martin UK

ASHTON Martyn UK

There'll be so much going on you won't want to ride your bike!!!

Anyone turning up on bikes (except entered riders) will be asked to leave them in a "bike park" just inside the entrance gate. No riding will be allowed at all on Saturday, but on Sunday after the competition has officially closed (estimated around 5.30pm) and we've all left, then it's up to you!

I still need some observers, time-keepers and score-keepers by the way ... any offers? (I need to know now ... not on the day!)

you probably could joe  :P

if people are struggling to get upto the event from skipton LET ME KNOW!!!!iv got a mahoosive van and people can sit or party in the back while we drive up there.

Hey are you taking spectators or riders?

If spectators then I could do with a lift!

Ill be camping on the official site, are you staying there?

I still need some observers, time-keepers and score-keepers by the way ... any offers?  (I need to know now ... not on the day!)

How profesional do we have to be? I'm only 16 and quite new to trials so probably wouldnt be much help! :P